Home

Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese?

This is a discussion on Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is Rolling Out/Scrambling Cheese?
Yes, reguardless of team/playbook SIM says you stay in the pocket at all times. 42 25.00%
No, if you're complaining about this spend more time on defense in practice mode. 126 75.00%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese?

I just dont get people that cheese.

It takes a specific type of person that can only have fun when winning and doesnt mind bogging the game down to 5-10 plays to do so. The average cheeser is 7-17, is not well educated and highly insecure. Becuase anyone who is well adjusted is not going to ruin a game just to win at it.

A game like football is fun becuase it is infinitely replayable. Every game is different, every play, etc. But when people force the game into being a 20 play scrum it makes the game literally stupid. How simple minded must you be to want to win by cheesing the same way every time. THink about it, little babies are excited and happy by puting shapes into a slot over and over again, that is not too much different than running the same garbage cheese plays over and over to win. I really think it speaks to a persons intelligence, and you cant deny that the typical cheeser's manners dont belie any significant intellegence on their part.

When the guy who sent you the message sent it, he wasnt specifically calling you a cheeser, he was professing that playing like you meant making the game less fun. It turns it from an interesting chess match to rock paper scissors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 3

As someone who also plays Street Fighter online as well (and have to deal with something similar to this all the time), if you can't develop a strategy to deal with a particular cheese tactic, well, maybe you're just not that good.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
One person says it's cheese because he can't stop it...another respects the fact that I make him really think and react on every play.
My sentiments exactly can you really call anything SIM; when the definition can differ per user. Again to me SIM is emulating the playing style of the team and league whether collegiate or professional. Just don't quit early, abuse known glitches and punt on fourth and we're good.You can just call me a "Fair Player"Lol!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 16

Ok this thread is about me. I played the OP today after he sent me a friend request from the thread I created about wanting to play SIM players on-line

He sent me a request and we played. Here is my report from our game where I quit in the 3rd quarter of an unranked game after I could not and would not deal with his style of play:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...all-360-a.html

The guy is not SIM at all. I have played in tons of leagues and hardcore players online from here and other forums and follow SIM rules that have been around for a while on leagues.

He picks the Gators. Fine...

But he is lying about rolling out to create passing lanes. The play is not designed to roll out. He takes the shotgun snap and rolls out using turbo to the right in an agnle towards the sidelines and hits crosses and swing passes to the HB

Sorry but that is just lame. He then sends me a message after I quite that he is not going to just sit in the pocket and get sacked. Yet another lame excuse

His stats that he posted dont show the truth.

First of all he never ran the ball in a convetional way. His rb had only catches in the flat and no regular run formation.

He went for it on 4th down in his own side of the field because he needed inches only. In the first quarter

I punted on the 36 yard line of his side on 4th and 1

He went 21-25 passing and all were done the same way. Rolling out with the sprint button and putting his hb in motion to the left and right and then rolling out with Teabow

On defense he pinches in the d-line and blitzes on every play. I dont care if he blitzes. If the blitz is designed then so be it

My qb ran a bit to escape the rush. but i ran in the pocket. I stepped up in the pocket and he got me for losses. but i never ran outside with a fast qb that i have to abuse the defense.

This is a pointless argument on his part. Because his message to me that he is not going to take sacks therefore he scramble to the right when the play is not designed like that says it all..

If he likes that style then fine..Just not for me

And I dont care if somebody claims you can counter cheese.

I dont play on-line for bragging rights. i play to find sim games.

The worst excuse is the terms he used

I scramble on every play to open up passing lanes..

THis is not NFL TOur.... THis is ncaa and I asked for a sim game...
Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #29
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Honestly I hardly ever roll out unless I see a heavy blitz up the middle, but that said, this year, I don't mind if people roll out. I have found some very effective plays that not only stop this, but also do a good job of making a couple guys (that people often hit, the HB and TE) look open, when there is actually a guy waiting underneath to make a pick.

That's not to say it's sim. It just really isn't (especially when the CPU is so stupid about containing and going after the QB unless you have the right setup) but if you're good you can usually stop it anyway.

Just my 2c. I'm sure my opinion will change when I meet someone who is ridiculously good at it.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
My sentiments exactly can you really call anything SIM; when the definition can differ per user. Again to me SIM is emulating the playing style of the team and league whether collegiate or professional. Just don't quit early, abuse known glitches and punt on fourth and we're good.You can just call me a "Fair Player"Lol!!!

That is funny coming from you since the first sign that i saw you were a cheese player is the fact that in your first drive i stopped you on 3rd down at your own 49 and you had 4th and inches and you went for it with one of your regular roll outs..

Yea really Fair....
Old 07-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer003
Honestly I hardly ever roll out unless I see a heavy blitz up the middle, but that said, this year, I don't mind if people roll out. I have found some very effective plays that not only stop this, but also do a good job of making a couple guys (that people often hit, the HB and TE) look open, when there is actually a guy waiting underneath to make a pick.

That's not to say it's sim. It just really isn't (especially when the CPU is so stupid about containing and going after the QB unless you have the right setup) but if you're good you can usually stop it anyway.

Just my 2c. I'm sure my opinion will change when I meet someone who is ridiculously good at it.
Like I said. It is not about countering cheese players... I wanted to play sim players..

I dont want to have to resort to finding plays to stop a cheeser...

I dont play online much at all.. when I do i like to play a realistic game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 19

IMO this game is cheese. This company made it available to cheese. They arent the cheesers...EA is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »