Home

Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese?

This is a discussion on Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is Rolling Out/Scrambling Cheese?
Yes, reguardless of team/playbook SIM says you stay in the pocket at all times. 42 25.00%
No, if you're complaining about this spend more time on defense in practice mode. 126 75.00%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i'm saying you're trying too hard to be sim. Even the cpu will go for it on 4th down every now and then. Running a shotgun play is stupid but the idea of going for it on 4th & inches from the 49 is something a lot of coaches do, i mentioned Weis because he does it a lot. Most coaches would go for it on 4th & 1 from the opponents 36. You will be hard pressed to find a coach that wont. Punting in that situation shows a complete lack of confidence in your team and offense that they can't get 1 yard, especially when the ball is on the 36.

The other things you were right about, those two things you're wrong, thats not cheese.

Ok why do you keep harping on my decision of punting from the 36 of his side...I said i did not go for it because i know he would stack the line which he does on every play and chances are that on the road with the home field shaking i might find a stone wall.. If I did not know how to confin punt then I would do something else..but i played field position..but that was not my reason for calling him cheese

He went for it on 4th and inches from his side of the field..he was not on my side of the field in the first quarter...

and do you think he ran the ball on 4th and inches... Nahhhh

he went with his usual spread offense and roll out.

but forget the stupid non punt..

the point is that he claims the only cheese thing is quitting and going for it on 4th which he DID
Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #58
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpee73
Not cheese if used properly. When I have a running QB I dont just run all over but I'll take off scrambling instead of getting sacked everytime.

That's not the question though. Of course if you're in danger of taking a sack, get the he!! out of Dodge.
No pressure and rolling out at snap though.....different story.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I agree that sometimes people try to hard to be SIM.
Personally I have zero issues with someone going for it 4th and inches or even 4th and 1 between my 40-30'ish.
However outside of that range (my 45 out lets say) and not close to end of half or game I wouldn't like it.
I agree....but he was on his own side of the field....he was not in my side of the field.....
Old 07-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
That's not the question though. Of course if you're in danger of taking a sack, get the he!! out of Dodge.
exactly...people voting must not realize that you need to feel pressure before you can say you had to scramble

but rolling out with the sprint button from shotgun formation as soon as the snap is on is bogus...how would he know if i was going to sack him
Old 07-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 10

Ok so is controlling a defensive end manually considered semi cheese as well???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #62
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
I agree....but he was on his own side of the field....he was not in my side of the field.....
you said he was on the 49 so stop saying he was on his side of the field as if he did it from his 30. Plenty of college coaches in real life go for 4th & inches from midfield, not all but some. Now i said that the play he called was not realistic but the situation of going for it on 4th & inches from his 49 is ok.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
you said he was on the 49 so stop saying he was on his side of the field as if he did it from his 30. Plenty of college coaches in real life go for 4th & inches from midfield, not all but some. Now i said that the play he called was not realistic but the situation of going for it on 4th & inches from his 49 is ok.
sorry but the 49 is his side of the field....take it how you want to but a lot more coaches punt in that situation then you think

and my point is not so much that he did it but that he claims he finds that cheese...Do you get that....
Old 07-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
yeah I agree, It should only be used after going through all your progressions or if you're under pressure. Looking at one receiver then taking off aint cool. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »