Home

Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese?

This is a discussion on Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is Rolling Out/Scrambling Cheese?
Yes, reguardless of team/playbook SIM says you stay in the pocket at all times. 42 25.00%
No, if you're complaining about this spend more time on defense in practice mode. 126 75.00%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Thumbs up Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese?

I use the Gators and their playbook, alot of people I run into play man with a heavy blitz or a comparable zone...My question is, is rolling out to create better throwing lanes cheese, after several games online I got my first complaint: stating "I can't play people like you, I said SIM". So my question is am I supposed to stay in the pocket the entire game when I have a QB who can throw on the run? Or if I want the option to scramble or hit a HB in the flats off that scramble run...I don't get maybe there's something someone could point out to explain (if this is in fact cheese) I mean if I can deal with and stop "Flexbone" (gives me the most trouble) can it really be that hard to stop a QB that rolls out ( I'm not referring to the 25 yard deep run chuck in pray...I mean roll left or right to roll the pocket and open up passing lanes vs zones or separation vs man).

I'd also like to post the stats at the time of his quit to show some insight...

My QB (Gators)-5 ATT, 15 YDS, 3 AYAC
His QB (Hurricanes)-8 ATT, -9 YDS, -1.1 AYAC

So as you can see my scrambling and rolling out wasn't creating any serious disadvantage to him, and as you can see I catually ran less but defending his QB run much more successfully, now for passing yards...

Me- 21/25 200 yards, 1TD, and 1 INT...again no big disadvantage here looks like I'm moving the ball but only one throwing TD

Him- 9/13 75 yards, 1 INT (he ran alot w/ his HB)

HB rushing stats

Me- 6 ATT 43 YDS 7.1 YAC, 1 TD
Him- 18 ATT 91 (b/t two HB's) 0 TD's

So is it me or does it seem like a case where I just played better defense or did scrambling rolling out really create that big of an adavantage? Also the score in the beginning of the 4th was 17-9 my way (FG, 2TD's) he had (3 FG's) sorry for the length fellas I just wanted to be detailed thoughts, comments, suggestions are appreciated.

P.S. Any tips on stopping the "Flexbone"?

Last edited by s38s38s; 07-21-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Is Rolling Out/Scrambling supposed to be cheese?

Rolling out to create better throwing lanes when the play is not a designed roll out is cheese. In games past it was just to easy to roll out and hit a crossing route. Money all day. Scrambling is fine when warranted. Again though..rollout just to roll out to "Get better passing lanes" = Cheese.
If the play isn't a designed rollout and you have pressure and roll out becasue of that...fine. Otherwise it's cheese, period.

IMO of course.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-21-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

i dont think so. especially since i play with TN, and that pocket does not last long at all. i think if you rolling out just to look to run with the qb than its cheese, but just becasue you roll out and it makes a 10 yard out route more likely to not be picked off than i think its fine.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Rolling out to create better throwing lanes when the play is not a designed roll out is cheese. In games past it was just to easy to roll out and hit a crossing route. Money all day. Scrambling is fine when warranted. Again though..rollout just to roll out to "Get better passing lanes" = Cheese.
If the play isn't a designed rollout and you have pressure and roll out becasue of that...fine. Otherwise it's cheese, period.

IMO of course.
So things like using contain plays, blitzing to the side you think the QB's rolling too, D-Line Stunts, Man press (to delay WR breaks) don't stop it (I'm not trying to be smart this is my first time playing NCAA online.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
So things like using contain plays, blitzing to the side you think the QB's rolling too, D-Line Stunts, Man press (to delay WR breaks) don't stop it (I'm not trying to be smart this is my first time playing NCAA online.
If you get pressure then fine rollout. If it's a designed roll, fine.
If you're rolling out at the get go just to roll out then you will not be liked by ANY sim player, period.

Using contain plays are all fine and dandy if they worked.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

its cheese if its not design and/or they run right out the pocket after the snap.

Its not cheese if they sit in the pocket see that no one is open then scramble out or the play is design for a rollout
Old 07-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
its cheese if its not design and/or they run right out the pocket after the snap.

Its not cheese if they sit in the pocket see that no one is open then scramble out or the play is design for a rollout
Exactly....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer

IMO of course.
My sentiments exactly....after getting a full dose of this garbage online last week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »