Home

Interview with Russ Kiniry

This is a discussion on Interview with Russ Kiniry within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Interview with Russ Kiniry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
Here is what I'm starting to believe......this is a clear cut thought out corporate plan. There is simply no need to provide a great NCAA video game or even Madden game for that matter because they have the license and incremental upgrades will suffice since there is no serious competition.

I can assure you, if EA didn't put together their vast resources from other games and get the licenses for for college and the NFL they would be out of business now. Why is it that 2K 2005 is STILL a better game than anything EA has put out?

Don't get me wrong........EA comes out every year with very slight improvements. That's how they can easily prolong the series. There's not a dumba$$ running the show there. But it's clear to us that this entity that's running the show is a thoughtless money grubbing prick that doesn't care about us. He cares about the money. That's it.

If anybody is stupid enough to defend EA.......good for you! Welcome aboard the Kool Aid train! Watching grass grow would entertain you. EA could put out a game next year with stick figures and a green background with white stripes and I can assure you I could name some of the folks on this board that would defend them.
One of my favorite quotes that applies to big business and corporate America is, "There is no money in the cure, Its in the treatment" this quote was used referring to how pharmaceutical companies do business, but at the end of the day its all still a business which is why i find the quote so universal.

EA has been making sports games long enough to know what their fan base wants, the difference now though, is that they are in a position to administer small doses of what people want and add fillers every year like season showdown or wide open game play to make the product look new again or seemingly warrant a new purchase from consumers.

Wether the decision on what to implement each years falls on the developers or the suits I don't know, but i have personnlly made a decision not to purchase their product until the series is everythig it used to be plus a bag of chips.

This is all just my observation of what this game has been since it dropped to next gen. When they say feature x did'nt make it because it was not a priority, that just means this is something were going to use to market the game next year so don't ask about it. Seriously how have refs and chaingangs not been a priority for almost 4 yrs now. Its like cereal with no milk HAHAHA!

The problem is their are not enough people who share my opinion,( or at least my will power) on this matter and will continue to purchase an unfinished product every year just for their football fix, when in actuality it would be more beneficial to them to wait, not buy the product , and force EA to ship a complete package. We live in a nation of instant gratification, which is why we won't see a complete game from EA until the last year of their exclusive contracts, whenever that maybe.

Last edited by BrKrMaTa; 07-22-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bababooey
The one thing that looks like NCAA will corner is online dynasty. Online Franchise looks to be garbage it's first year. They took franchise mode, stripped it of interactivity, kept retirement and a draft, and packaged it as online franchise. At least Online Dynasty keeps delivering a decent product.
You mean with the broken progression and every team in the MAC rated A 4 years down the line?
Old 07-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
LOL a hand me down of madden better than 2k football. i dont think so. every review says NCAA 10 is slightly better than 09, how does slightly better match with the greatness of 2k5

EA has truly dumb down there product and people are truly happy with it playing very poor quality next gen games
If we are talking about STRICTLY gameplay, then 2K5 is the one that is poor
Old 07-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #44
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
Sorry. Disagree.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Are you serious?? can you explain why you think this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #46
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

You clearly have know knowledge of Football...2K5 is the GREATEST NFL football game created. Hands down. Period. Maybe Madden 11' will finally surpass it!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah please bring back the user controlled TD celebrations. I miss seeing the dunk the ball over the goal post and heisman pose celebrations.
This...I loved this.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #48
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN

Future of the game:

Paraphrasing - Season Showdown & TeamBuilder, user created content, mimicking what you see on Saturday's. "We Have a target goal".
I am a huge proponent of user-created content, mainly because I believe that gamers should be given the tools to create and add to the game ourselves...then share it with the world. NCAA going in this direction is great news in my opinion.

Most recently, NFL HeadCoach'09 allowed users to create plays and upload them to the EA server so other users could download someone else's created-plays; I enjoyed complimenting my playbook with the creative designs of other football minds (hint, hint NCAA team).

Another example of user-created-content greatly enhancing my gaming experience would be Fight Night Round 4's create-a-boxer feature. The game came with 50 boxers on-disc, but thanks to being able to download the created boxers of others, I now have a total of 90 boxers (both past and present) to choose from.

If more emphasis on user-created content is the future of the NCAA series, then I applaud that decision and I can't wait to see what they come-up with.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 07-23-2009 at 12:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »