Home

Let me break it down for you literally........

This is a discussion on Let me break it down for you literally........ within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 12:26 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Let me break it down for you literally........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Impossible!
I can dream
Old 07-22-2009, 12:27 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
All I can say is that Madden changed.

I hope, but we wont know for sure till it comes out
Old 07-22-2009, 12:31 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
If they did then you would not buy next year's version. They observed what happened when NFL 2k5 rolled out with near perfect balance of gameplay and presentation. Why do you think EA purchased the rights to develop for these different sports???
ESPN NFL 2K5 had near-perfect gameplay? Give me a break...

It was a good game, but it isn't all it is hyped out to be. Also, the game is really not as good as it appears since the OS community has went in and edited the files and roster files to fine-tune the game. There are a lot of broken aspects of 2K5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #12
Banned

senfgastn's Arena

OVR: 3

This is possibly the worst thread I've seen so far, even worse than the fake roster threads.

Are you kidding me? If EA made the perfect game, people would be stoked to buy the next one, because it would have so many more "new features and improvements". You aren't even thinking clearly here. Before 2k5 there was ESPN NFL Football by 2k Sports, and plenty of people bought that, it was basically the same game as 2k5. 2k5 just added some presentation elements. Not even that many more. In the end they even sold it for less than ESPN NFL Football. Probably because they didn't add that much at all. And all was well. Point being, people will buy the newest and greatest anything. Look at the IPod, and then tell me people won't buy the new version of things.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 7

I think you're making excuses FOR EA on why their games always have regression.

I would actually LIKE to think they are doing it for business, but I don't think they are.

I think they are trying to do TOO much, actually. They aren't sticking to the basics. They are trying to get so far ahead of themselves, trying to introduce brand new ideas without perfecting the simple ones first.

Take vehicles for instance.

Nissan has made the Pathfinder for 20 years. Toyota has made the 4Runner for 20 years as well. Pathfinders and 4Runners are known as being the longest lasting, most reliable SUV's on the market. Why? Because they have a solid base and they don't try to change the crap out of it every year. Has Toyota or Nissan gone out of business by selling good quality stuff? Nope. So what is EA's excuse?

Then you look at Dodge. With the exception of the Jeep YJ/TJ/Cherokee series', Dodge has about 10 different SUV's in their line, and NONE are older than about 8 years, with the Durango being the oldest. But instead of focusing on the Durango and making it great, they introduced the Nitro, the Caliber, the Compass, the whatever else they are trying to cookie cutter produce and jam down our throats. None of them even come CLOSE to the quality of the Pathfinder or 4Runner, and I guarantee the Nissan's and Toyota's will still be in production long after all those Dodge SUV's have been put in the automotive graveyard.

So what I'm trying to say, in my long winded analogy, is that if EA was SMART, they would produce a QUALITY product, built on a solid base, and not get all fancy, trying to add new crap to it. Just put out a game that has all the fundamentals, and if something WORKS (ie. the crowd interaction in NCAA 07) they need to stick with it, and use my illustrious example of how you can still make money and be a top selling producer without making crap, and the customers will still come, because it's just good stuff. If these games were fantastic, I would still buy them every year, even for just a roster update, because I'd be happy with EA's efforts. After all, what is $60 a year?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:45 AM   #14
Banned

senfgastn's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
I think you're making excuses FOR EA on why their games always have regression.

I would actually LIKE to think they are doing it for business, but I don't think they are.

I think they are trying to do TOO much, actually. They aren't sticking to the basics. They are trying to get so far ahead of themselves, trying to introduce brand new ideas without perfecting the simple ones first.

Take vehicles for instance.

Nissan has made the Pathfinder for 20 years. Toyota has made the 4Runner for 20 years as well. Pathfinders and 4Runners are known as being the longest lasting, most reliable SUV's on the market. Why? Because they have a solid base and they don't try to change the crap out of it every year. Has Toyota or Nissan gone out of business by selling good quality stuff? Nope. So what is EA's excuse?

Then you look at Dodge. With the exception of the Jeep YJ/TJ/Cherokee series', Dodge has about 10 different SUV's in their line, and NONE are older than about 8 years, with the Durango being the oldest. But instead of focusing on the Durango and making it great, they introduced the Nitro, the Caliber, the Compass, the whatever else they are trying to cookie cutter produce and jam down our throats. None of them even come CLOSE to the quality of the Pathfinder or 4Runner, and I guarantee the Nissan's and Toyota's will still be in production long after all those Dodge SUV's have been put in the automotive graveyard.

So what I'm trying to say, in my long winded analogy, is that if EA was SMART, they would produce a QUALITY product, built on a solid base, and not get all fancy, trying to add new crap to it. Just put out a game that has all the fundamentals, and if something WORKS (ie. the crowd interaction in NCAA 07) they need to stick with it, and use my illustrious example of how you can still make money and be a top selling producer without making crap, and the customers will still come, because it's just good stuff. If these games were fantastic, I would still buy them every year, even for just a roster update, because I'd be happy with EA's efforts. After all, what is $60 a year?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:45 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by senfgastn
This is possibly the worst thread I've seen so far, even worse than the fake roster threads.

Are you kidding me? If EA made the perfect game, people would be stoked to buy the next one, because it would have so many more "new features and improvements". You aren't even thinking clearly here. Before 2k5 there was ESPN NFL Football by 2k Sports, and plenty of people bought that, it was basically the same game as 2k5. 2k5 just added some presentation elements. Not even that many more. In the end they even sold it for less than ESPN NFL Football. Probably because they didn't add that much at all. And all was well. Point being, people will buy the newest and greatest anything. Look at the IPod, and then tell me people won't buy the new version of things.
Exactly!! And if there was an ESPN 2K6, it would have been a graphics upgrade, a roster upgrade, and a few new features... they wouldn't have TAKEN OUT Chris Berman to add a marching band! Frig, EA, get your sh*t together!

Building your pyramids upside down is a recipe for disaster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 01:34 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

i disagree. if they made the perfect game, i would be ready for the next year to see what new awesome things they came up with. i mean, even if the game was "perfect" for us this year, theres always somethin more we would want. there just shouldnt be a glaring flaw like the lack of presentation in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »