Home

Let me break it down for you literally........

This is a discussion on Let me break it down for you literally........ within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 05:56 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Let me break it down for you literally........

this is one of the dumbest threads i've ever read. at first i thought the op must've been kidding, but then he made a laughable attempt at logic so i assumed the worst.

i'm not sure what you think of when you think "EA" but it's not some devious group of men with their hair slicked back sitting in plush leather chairs counting their money. people who work for ea and work on ncaa don't sit around and think 'how can we disappoint our fans just enough so that they'll continue to buy?' that's just foolish. it's likely far closer to the opposite. ea will never put out a perfect game. that is true. why? because never has there been a perfect video game and never will there be one. however, the team at ncaa did make strides. they added new things to this generation of consoles. some things are completely original, some are ideas from past iterations.

the point is ea is trying. there is so much that goes into making a video game every single year. the guys on the ncaa team work year round, as do the guys at madden, nba, etc. these guys want to put out a great product to represent their company well. it's not a success when their game fails to meet the needs of its buyers. it's a failure. that said, ncaa 10 is not close to a failure. are there issues with it? of course. but name a game that doesn't have issues. they all do. are we to ignore them? of course not. but should we whine and moan at every opportunity we get, bash ea and attempt to get others to boycott ea? no way.

before i step down from my soapbox, let me add i am enjoying this years game far more than any in the series so far. the known issues are not nearly enough to keep me from playing and i may indeed play it after... madden (well, we'll see).

and they all lived happily ever after. the end.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:04 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
this is one of the dumbest threads i've ever read. at first i thought the op must've been kidding, but then he made a laughable attempt at logic so i assumed the worst.

i'm not sure what you think of when you think "EA" but it's not some devious group of men with their hair slicked back sitting in plush leather chairs counting their money. people who work for ea and work on ncaa don't sit around and think 'how can we disappoint our fans just enough so that they'll continue to buy?' that's just foolish. it's likely far closer to the opposite. ea will never put out a perfect game. that is true. why? because never has there been a perfect video game and never will there be one. however, the team at ncaa did make strides. they added new things to this generation of consoles. some things are completely original, some are ideas from past iterations.

the point is ea is trying. there is so much that goes into making a video game every single year. the guys on the ncaa team work year round, as do the guys at madden, nba, etc. these guys want to put out a great product to represent their company well. it's not a success when their game fails to meet the needs of its buyers. it's a failure. that said, ncaa 10 is not close to a failure. are there issues with it? of course. but name a game that doesn't have issues. they all do. are we to ignore them? of course not. but should we whine and moan at every opportunity we get, bash ea and attempt to get others to boycott ea? no way.

before i step down from my soapbox, let me add i am enjoying this years game far more than any in the series so far. the known issues are not nearly enough to keep me from playing and i may indeed play it after... madden (well, we'll see).

and they all lived happily ever after. the end.

Whats its like working for EA?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:08 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Nonsense. We will always buy more regardless. Starcraft is a nearly perfect game that I can think of. Endless campaign. Flawless effortless multiplayer. And it's free to play online. And yet...we will buy starcraft 2 hoping it's somehow...more...If NFL 2k6 came out...I bet you we would have all bought it. The better a product the more incentive to get a new one....

Atleast that's how I feel. If a fantastic NCAA came out with everything I wanted, I'd still feel inclined to get more of everything I wanted the next year. Just the way humans work sadly. Never satified.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:12 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTFREE226
Whats its like working for EA?
haha. nice english. i don't work for ea. i just respect the guys who do it and can't stand it when people come on forums like these and whine with their conspiracy theories. my post may have read like i was pro-ea. it's really not the case. i wasn't even going to buy the game this year, but i was impressed when i played a friends copy. anyway, i don't mean to suck up to ea, but there is so much more that goes into making a video game than people realize. it's hard work. i read all this 'thank you ian' stuff on the madden threads and come board and see 'this is how ea is trying to screw us' and stuff. it's not right. the ea team worked hard and i feel like they put out a strong product. you don't have to agree. it's just my opinion.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:16 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
haha. nice english. i don't work for ea. i just respect the guys who do it and can't stand it when people come on forums like these and whine with their conspiracy theories. my post may have read like i was pro-ea. it's really not the case. i wasn't even going to buy the game this year, but i was impressed when i played a friends copy. anyway, i don't mean to suck up to ea, but there is so much more that goes into making a video game than people realize. it's hard work. i read all this 'thank you ian' stuff on the madden threads and come board and see 'this is how ea is trying to screw us' and stuff. it's not right. the ea team worked hard and i feel like they put out a strong product. you don't have to agree. it's just my opinion.

ahhh just messing with you..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

To me, nba 2K9 was the perfect basketball game. Guess what.....I'm already reserved for NBA 2k10. So, this makes no sense. College Hoops 2k8 was maybe the greatest basketball game (so far) mostly because of the depth and detail. I would buy any College Hoops 2k game after that (if they ever make one again).
Old 07-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 7

Basketball games have all become unplayable for me.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
Basketball games have all become unplayable for me.
Yeah we need the stellar Live 96 back That was as sim as it gets......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »