Home

The Option

This is a discussion on The Option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 03:08 AM   #1
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
The Option

Can someone give me any tips to defend the option? I specifically need help on defending against Toledo's option plays. I tried blitzing, but that didn't work. I have no problems against the CPU, but problems against users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Option

QB spy, DE's contain.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

DE contain and control the middle linebacker. This works for me. The end will push the QB out side and you should be able to run free with a MLB vs a OLB. I also like to go to a press coverage so my DB's will be up close.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
DE contain and control the middle linebacker. This works for me. The end will push the QB out side and you should be able to run free with a MLB vs a OLB. I also like to go to a press coverage so my DB's will be up close.
Well, what if he runs up the middle? I was playing someone who was using Baylor and their QB has like 92 speed,so if he gets open I'm screwed. And I press coverage on EVERY play.

I heard running a 1-5-5 would be better.(I was running a 4-2-5)
Old 10-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Well, what if he runs up the middle? I was playing someone who was using Baylor and their QB has like 92 speed,so if he gets open I'm screwed. And I press coverage on EVERY play.

I heard running a 1-5-5 would be better.(I was running a 4-2-5)
I have not played much Hum vs Hum. I'm not a fan of online play. Even if they run up the middle he could be stopped using the MLB or a fast LB. Back off the line so you can see the direction/hole and be free from the D-line. Then all you have to do is react to the QB's movement. I like to run nickel so I have more speed on the field. This works for me against the computer and the 2 times I played Hum vs Hum. The key is keeping the man you control free from contact so you have a free run at the QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

Well, I was using a SS and had him near the LBs and he usually broke free anyways or pitched it off to the HB and got 5+ yards every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »