Home

Star player out for the year. What do you do??

This is a discussion on Star player out for the year. What do you do?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #17
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Star player out for the year. What do you do??

What is worse is when you create yourself and you have a season ending injury in the second game of your freshman year. I had to play on though and ended up losing to Alabama in the outback bowl (I believe).

But yea it's your game so feel free to do what you want.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #18
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
You tell your back-up he needs to cowboy up!!
Right on. Tell him to rub some dirt on it and he'll be okay.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 6

I play on for the sole reason that you may be surprised on how the backup plays.

In my Georgia Tech Dynasty my QB Nesbitt was injured within the first 6 weeks of the season (and was out until week 11). During this time Jaybo Shaw led my team to finish the season with no losses while he was under center.

Mistakenly, I let Nesbitt start in his first week after the injury in my last game of the regular season against UGA. He played alright but made key mistakes that ledto a loss 30-22.

If I reset that game where Nesbitt got hurt, I would have missed out on an excellent season by a young guy I never would have started unless I was forced to.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
I play on for the sole reason that you may be surprised on how the backup plays.

In my Georgia Tech Dynasty my QB Nesbitt was injured within the first 6 weeks of the season (and was out until week 11). During this time Jaybo Shaw led my team to finish the season with no losses while he was under center.

Mistakenly, I let Nesbitt start in his first week after the injury in my last game of the regular season against UGA. He played alright but made key mistakes that ledto a loss 30-22.

If I reset that game where Nesbitt got hurt, I would have missed out on an excellent season by a young guy I never would have started unless I was forced to.
thats a great story. I'm having a similar story with my running back. My backup is having a great year and I may have dual attack next season.

Is Football season here yet??
Old 07-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

lol first game of the season with EMU my star qb threw 3 picks and then got hurt for 6 weeks then I started my freshy QB Payne and that turned the game around and went on to kick some ***....I had it in my head to try a dual qb thing and it turned into a solo act quick...

Years past when they had the suspention crap (which i miss btw) I've lost chunks of my team play on and it'll still be fun just more of a challenge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwill53
lol first game of the season with EMU my star qb threw 3 picks and then got hurt for 6 weeks then I started my freshy QB Payne and that turned the game around and went on to kick some ***....I had it in my head to try a dual qb thing and it turned into a solo act quick...

Years past when they had the suspension crap (which i miss btw) I've lost chunks of my team play on and it'll still be fun just more of a challenge
Fixed that for ya

To the OP: Yeah, you gotta play on. It makes the game more fun and challenging.

To kingwill: I hear ya, I wish that the infractions were still in the game. I miss those

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #23
Rookie

RazorFang's Arena

OVR: 4

Everyone's RB's seem to be getting hurt. May I suggest a 2 back system? That way your star RB doesn't have to shoulder the entire load and may keep him healthy for the entire season.

Just a thought...
Old 07-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwill53

Years past when they had the suspention crap (which i miss btw) I've lost chunks of my team play on and it'll still be fun just more of a challenge
Im glad to see someone with a small school respond. Its easy as heck to play on when your LSU, USC, Ohio State because the guy substituting the injured player is only 2-4 OVR off. When your EMU like this guy or San Jose State like me, its a large drop off when someone gets hurt!

EDIT: IMO, You play on indefinitely! Injuries can be turned off if you want to sour to them.

Last edited by jobalo85; 07-22-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Forgot part of post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »