Home

STOP suggesting plays on 4th down!!!

This is a discussion on STOP suggesting plays on 4th down!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
STOP suggesting plays on 4th down!!!

Come on man, this is stupid. He doesn't even put the punt safe up there, OR that's all he puts up there.

I have never asked Corso for help, so who's the genius that decided to make it a mandatory option on the most important down of the series?

Do you know how many time outs I waste because he wanted to call something stupid on 4th down. That's why Cheesers run the Fake FG so much because we are conditioned to ask Corso on 4th down.

All it does is waste time having to exit out of Ask Corso to call the correct plays. It would be different if he was keeping up with the tendencies of the opponent, but he only accounts for down and distance. I seriously do not know how this made it in this long.

I don't Ask Madden, why would I Ask Corso
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
Banned

davidmj444's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: STOP suggesting plays on 4th down!!!

Post of the Year.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

I totally agree with this. All I want to do is pick the man coverage safe return when I force a 4th down because I'm not gonna get much of a return anyway, and I don't want to risk my returner fumbling the ball when the only people within 20 yards of him are all guys on the opposite team.

But every damn fourth down it puts me in the ask Corso menu, and he rarely suggests what I want. It's just annoying. I'm a big boy, EA, I can handle selecting my own plays on 4th down just like I handle selecting them on the first three downs.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
MVP

By the way, I know why they do this. It's a bad attempt to try and stop cheesers from going for it on fourth down. EA apparently believes most cheesers are just confused about what they're supposed to call on 4th down, so they automatically kick them into the ask Corso menu usually showing them to kick a field goal or punt.

But we all know that's ridiculous. There may be a few cheesers who don't know better, but the vast majority are knowingly going for it on 4th down when they know they should be punting.

All that forcing everyone into the ask Corso menu does is annoy both cheesers and sim players.

Please stop, or at the very least bury an option in a menu that would allow us to turn it off. At least that way you'd still get to try and nudge the mythical gamer that doesn't know better into playing properly on fourth down, while letting actual gamers do what they actually want to on fourth down without being hassled.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I hope EA at least makes it an option to off play suggestions. It might seem like a small thing but over the course of a game it happens 20-30 times. This means 20-30 times you have to back out of the recommended formation and find the formation you want.

I've also noticed that when Corso recommends "punt return left" you have 2 or 3 pages where "punt return left" is the only option. You need to scroll over to the 4th page to find "punt return right."

Why not put right, left and middle all on the same page?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Totally concur!!
Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

WOW I have been saying these same exact words for years!! If it was a props button on here I'd prop you for that one lol
Old 07-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #8
MVP

CKW11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkmike
Totally concur!!
As do i.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »