Home

EA Sports should name the coaches

This is a discussion on EA Sports should name the coaches within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #9

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Sports should name the coaches

I'm quite certain that if EA could name the coaches they would.

It is very likely they fall under the same umbrella as the student athletes and cannot be represented in video games.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Is there some organization that the college coaches are a member of that can have some agreement with EA as far as names and likeness go? Like the NFL players have the NFL Players Association and the coaches have the NFL Coaches Association, and when you're a member of that association and they strike up a deal with EA for names and likenesses to be in the game then you're gonna see your name and face in the game. (Bill Belichek and Parcells aren't members of the NFLCA and that's why we don't see their names and faces in the games.)

I could be completely wrong about this tho, but I assume that if there's no governing body for the NCAA Coaches then EA would have to agree to a contract with each individual coach for their name and likeness.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Is there some organization that the college coaches are a member of that can have some agreement with EA as far as names and likeness go? Like the NFL players have the NFL Players Association and the coaches have the NFL Coaches Association, and when you're a member of that association and they strike up a deal with EA for names and likenesses to be in the game then you're gonna see your name and face in the game. (Bill Belichek and Parcells aren't members of the NFLCA and that's why we don't see their names and faces in the games.)

I could be completely wrong about this tho, but I assume that if there's no governing body for the NCAA Coaches then EA would have to agree to a contract with each individual coach for their name and likeness.
I know there is for basketball...as 2K7 College Hoops had real coaches (expect for ones not part of the coaches org., like Bob Knight, Rick Pitino, Coach K, etc.) Heck, since I still have CH 2K7, I looked and saw that real coaches were a back-of-the-game feature pointed out by 2K!

I would think then that there is a football coaches association that could be used by EA...but that could be pricey. 2K eventually dropped using real coaches in 2K8 due to the cost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 16

2K used to name the coaches. I thought the coaches were named in 2k8 too, but my mind could be decieving me since I always played with named rosters.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobalo85
I had last year's game and they were not
I had ncaa basketball 09 and they were.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #14
Rookie

thesandman215's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I had ncaa basketball 09 and they were.
So why not NCAA Football? You can't tell me it is money, they are the only ones making the game!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobalo85
I had last year's game and they were not
This is false. All of the coaches were named in College Basketball with the exception of a couple, Coach K and Calhoun, but nobody likes them anyway. Go Heels!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #16
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

NCAA Basketball 09 had coaches named. EA had a licensing deal with the college basketball coaches association (whatever its called) to use likenesses

I'm not sure if CFB coaches are represented the same so its possible they can't.

But why would they even do that if coaches don't even show up in games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »