Home

Audibles for the Georgia Tech Playbook....

This is a discussion on Audibles for the Georgia Tech Playbook.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Audibles for the Georgia Tech Playbook....

Anyone out there that uses the GT playbook got a good set of audibles that they use? Lookin' for some suggestions... Usually when I do audibles for a playbook, I pick out 1 formation and use that as my "Base" set.... but haven't been able to come up with anythin' yet.... Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Audibles for the Georgia Tech Playbook....

I just make sure I have the few plays that I run most of the time in there (an option pass, a fullback option, a triple option, a standard pass like the quick slant n such).

I like to keep different types of plays in there so I'm not stuck running an option against a defense that has 8 in the box and will likely drop me for a loss. Having an option pass in your audibles allows you to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You have an option play and a decent passing play for 1 audible.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
Having an option pass in your audibles allows you to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You have an option play and a decent passing play for 1 audible.
yea, I'm def gonna do that.... Gotta practice those a lil bit....
Old 07-23-2009, 02:35 AM   #4
Pro

bump
Old 07-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

One thing I do, since you can't change the direction of the runs in GTs playbook by using the right stick...

Take the Flexbone - Twins formation. The general thought of this formation is to run it to the numbers advantage, until they stack that side. Then you run the ball to the weakside (FB Load Option maybe? ) and hopefully get a nice gain. Since you can't flip the play, and you want to see how the defense lines up, you can keep a play that runs to the weakside in your audbile list and then call plays from the huddle that run to the strongside.

Remember that you always choose a play from your playbook, and that you automatically get 4 plays to choose from in that formation. Some of them are quite good this year.

I generally keep one or two TO plays in my audible list, since its a good play to run a lot and can get you out of a bad play call from the huddle. Besides that, set up plays in your audibles that compliment your game strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
Pro

Yeah... I like usin' that Twins form..... Give me a chance to use almost the same strategy in Madden..... I ran a compression Twins set outta I-Form.... On this one Counter I would run.... If he was in man, I'd run away from the Twins.... In Zone, I'd run towards the Twins and try to use that uncovered slot as a lead blocker.... Gonna fool around with that now too.... thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »