Home

Recruiting against question???

This is a discussion on Recruiting against question??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #17
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Recruiting against question???

I think we pretty much agree that they did a piss poor job explaining this new feature. It's pretty ironic that everything else they did was intended to make the recruiting process as transparent as possible (giving you "interest" bars that show + or - progress), but they offer no explaination whatsoever as to what's happening in negative recruiting, or whether or not you're having a positive impact in your efforts.

It's taken me awhile to get used to the current gen recruiting system. In some ways, I miss the last-gen system, which was basically the same idea, but with fewer layers of time and bureaucracy. Actually, you could argue that the current system has less depth than what we had in NCAA 06 b/c we used player discipline to consider, as well as alotting time budgets for recruiting/training/discipline.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #18
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

The only thing that moves the red bar is negative numbers, so if you REALLY think getting positive numbers benefits you? Think again.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
Banned

rancor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
The only thing that moves the red bar is negative numbers, so if you REALLY think getting positive numbers benefits you? Think again.
Please explain this logic using specific recruiting experiences. All observations and results I have had indicate positive numbers are better.

I have to say your observation is critically flawed in that it is completely unclear what the red bar even means. So, how do we know that moving it in one direction as opposed to another is good? We don't.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:07 PM   #20
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor
Honestly, I still don't know how to read the bar on the side of the screen in the recruiting against mode. I am at work now and forget if it say "Today's call" or "Interest". If it says "interest" I would hope it is referring to the recruits interest in the other team.
If I remember correctly, it says "Interest" when you are in a call, but not on the pitching screen. If you are doing normal pitching (for your school), it says "Today's call". Haven't tried negative pitching yet.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #21
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
I disagree. Last night I tried some negative recruiting...one thing resulted in some negative numbers and the "face" on the phone moved from green to orange...I tried another thing, got positive numbers in the negative recruiting, and the face turned back green.

Therefore, I'm pretty sure positive numbers in negative recruiting are good. I just wish that there was a way to show that then, because the "interest" bar in negative recruiting only fills up with negative numbers, so you never know how good you are doing...unless you're doing bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #22
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
I disagree. Last night I tried some negative recruiting...one thing resulted in some negative numbers and the "face" on the phone moved from green to orange...I tried another thing, got positive numbers in the negative recruiting, and the face turned back green.

Therefore, I'm pretty sure positive numbers in negative recruiting are good.
That makes sense. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
I just wish that there was a way to show that then, because the "interest" bar in negative recruiting only fills up with negative numbers, so you never know how good you are doing...unless you're doing bad.
Well, that makes sense I think if the bar shows you how much you hurt your school. If you are hurting the other school then that wouldn't show up on your bar. Maybe they should have added a second bar.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #23
Banned

rancor's Arena

OVR: 1

I have also wondered if the bar represents the recruits interest in the OTHER school. So, successful recruiting against lowers the bar and unsuccessful raises the bar? just an idea.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #24
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
That makes sense. Thanks.

Well, that makes sense I think if the bar shows you how much you hurt your school. If you are hurting the other school then that wouldn't show up on your bar. Maybe they should have added a second bar.
Maybe someone from ea should enlighten us all?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »