Home

Recruiting against question???

This is a discussion on Recruiting against question??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #25
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Recruiting against question???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor
Picking the pitch that the school has the highest rating in, combined with above average to most interest from the student, will result in the highest number of successive + numbers. In fact, in my experience, there is only one pitch for each school that you can recruit against and get positive numbers. This fact is part of my reasoning why + numbers are what you are going for.
Ok, this was not the case in my experience. The first three pitches I tried to recruit against all resulted in positive numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #26
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
That makes sense. Thanks.

Well, that makes sense I think if the bar shows you how much you hurt your school. If you are hurting the other school then that wouldn't show up on your bar. Maybe they should have added a second bar.
Well no, because you have two separate "bars" for regular recruiting and negative recruiting.

You have the regular interest bar in the regular recruiting, which fills up green as your call goes on. In the negative recruiting section, there's a bar that is empty...but what I'm confused about is if positive numbers are good in negative recruiting, those don't register on that bar. The positive numbers show up, but nothing fills the bar. The only time the bar actually fills up is when you DO get negative numbers (which in turn upset the recruit), then the bar starts filling up with red. No matter how many positive numbers I get in negative recruiting, it just stays empty then.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #27
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Well no, because you have two separate "bars" for regular recruiting and negative recruiting. You have the regular interest bar in the regular recruiting, which fills up green as your call goes on. In the negative recruiting section, there's a bar that is empty...
That's not what I meant. I meant that they don't show you both bars during negative recruiting. That tells me that there is no bar for the effect on your opponent. The bar always indicates the effect on YOU. Green bar filling up = good. Red bar filling up = bad. That's what it looks like to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
but what I'm confused about is if positive numbers are good in negative recruiting, those don't register on that bar. The positive numbers show up, but nothing fills the bar. The only time the bar actually fills up is when you DO get negative numbers (which in turn upset the recruit), then the bar starts filling up with red. No matter how many positive numbers I get in negative recruiting, it just stays empty then.
After playing with this for a bit, I am pretty sure that you want POSITIVE numbers while doing negative recruiting. One thing I noticed is that while trying to downplay the other school at something that is of their Least importance, it results in 0 or negative numbers. Downplaying something that is of high importance to them resulted in positive numbers (for this I only tried pitches for which the other school and my school were A or better).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »