Home

Sun Belt to SEC Powerhouse...

This is a discussion on Sun Belt to SEC Powerhouse... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #9
Rookie

MMMonty's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Sun Belt to SEC Powerhouse...

Definitely Middle Tennessee State. I'm in the middle of my first year with them and Dwight Dasher (QB) is a freak at QB. He's quick and has a decent enough arm to do some damage. The problem with that team though, is that their average size in skill positions is about 5'9 175 lbs. Dasher is only 5'10 202lbs, their starting halfback is 5'8 168 lbs buts hes a firecracker when he gets around the edge.

I love their colors, too. The blue and silver is nice to begin with, but when you add in the alternate unis, you've got a winner. I'm building a similar type of offense as you that is built more around out muscling the opponent and shutting down the opposition with a solid defense.

Good luck!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:27 AM   #10
six
Banned

OVR: 6

I go to MTSU, I'm a senior here and it is a great atmosphere at football games and I agree that the uniforms are really nice. We also have a Unicorn as our mascot...how can a recruit resist a school with that? Haha but I agree with everything the guy above said...Dasher is going to be good and the offense is pretty nice for a low major school.

You can recruit TN, Kentucky, GA areas pretty good with MTSU and pick up some nice 2 and 3 stars your first couple of years to build your team up.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:32 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play with Troy, but I wouldn't suggest them for your offense. In fact, most Sun Belt teams are pass heavy. MTSU is a safe bet because they graduate a lot after year one, allowing you to mold the team as you see fit.

PSN: zensooni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I did this in 09 with FIU, but unfortunately when I got the big conference invite, it was to the ACC and not the SEC like I was trying. Wasnt sure how long it would take to get another invite, so I jumped on it.

I would stay away from Texas schools are you are more likely going to be invited into the big 12 rather then the SEC.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

The fact that only one person has suggested Troy is an indicator of how forgotten the school is in terms of Ratings.

I guess a third straight Sun Belt title won't change that either.

Not that anyone cares outside of the conference....Hell i should be thankful we're even in the game.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtClaybon
The fact that only one person has suggested Troy is an indicator of how forgotten the school is in terms of Ratings.

I guess a third straight Sun Belt title won't change that either.

Not that anyone cares outside of the conference....Hell i should be thankful we're even in the game.
Troy is by far the best team in the conference, but they're not a fit for the program he's trying to build.

PSN: zensooni
Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Truthfully, none of the teams in the Sun Belt are fit for the program I'm trying to build...which is the reason I'm trying to take a team and revamp them completely. I don't care what kind of offense or defense they run currently in the game, I'm going to recruit heavily for a smashmouth run based offense and stout defense, and turn them into a Wisconsin-esque pro style team.

At least I hope that's what I'm gonna do, haha.

Still looking for suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #16
Rookie

dmac17's Arena

OVR: 2

MTSU. They have enough decent players that you can make it until your prestige is high enough for you to start recruiting better players. My recommendation on O is to redshirt all WR's that are not seniors the first year, including Malcolm Beyah so you have a great receiver to lead the team for 2 or 3 years after all the seniors leave. Also possibly redshirt the 2 freshman HB's (David Jones & William Pratcher) and QB (Jamal Ramsey, I think).

Sorry, this part is off topic. When it does the flyby of the stadium, if you go off-screen to the top right you would find Ewing St. I used to live there, within walking distance of the stadium...I miss those days. Oh, how I loved gameday. football + girls everywhere

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »