Home

Recruiting against?

This is a discussion on Recruiting against? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #9
Rookie

coachbruin's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Recruiting against?

Good thing being a ucla fan when i recruit up against the SEC if the kid is interested in an education I always neg recruit that
Old 07-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBlackshirtsXx
so they basically introduced sleazy nick saban/lane kiffin style recruiting into the game. very life like but pretty classless

What exactly do you think recruiting is?

"Let's go have some corn with this kid and tell him about how we had a great team in the 90's and how we hope to have that type of success again. (Oh and you won't) So please some to Lincoln".

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I've played with this some and it doesn't seem very effective to me. I've tried getting high green numbers and I've tried getting high red numbers. What follows is assuming that we want the red numbers, which if correct, is confusing at best. The name above the bar with the numbers flying past has my school's name on it instead of the school I'm recruiting against, so it looks like red numbers mean I'm losing interest in my school since it says it's my school's interest bar.

I took Michigan and found some 1* kid to recruit. I recruited against North Texas (not very fair to the poor North Texas program, but I'm just testing stuff). I found his "most" pitch and NT had either a D or a D+ rating in that so this is the most advantageous negative recruiting will likely ever get. All I got were a series of -3 for this pitch, which is the best case scenario for negative recruiting. The negative recruiting numbers come more frequently than normal recruiting, but the magnitude of the normal ones are higher. For just a "Very High", "A" rating, I was getting +14 per tick. In any given time, I could get more positive movement for my school than I could get negative movement for another school, so it seems like a waste of time that I could spend recruiting for me instead.

Now, this was as Michigan. Maybe as a smaller school, you won't be able to get +14s, but you can still get -3s. If so, then maybe there is a range where negative recruiting helps you more (against that 1 school, but not against the other 8) than just recruiting for yourself (which helps you against all 9 other schools).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 07-24-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #12
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Well, at least I know the basics even if it doesn't really work. I'll mess around with it with a 1 star that has me #1 on his list, see if I can figure it out more. I usually get a + number but no movement on the bar so I wasn't sure what was going on. Maybe it's because I'm always trying to recruit against Florida or a big time school and everything I tried to recruit against was an A or A+.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »