Home

face mask penalties ..

This is a discussion on face mask penalties .. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Tiger Country

johnny4LSU's Arena

OVR: 8
face mask penalties ..

lastnight i was playing a game with lsu against oklahoma and i had 6 face mask penalties in the 4th quarter LOL that def. helped me lose the game because i was up 21-20 til the 4th quarter..no biggie tho but im just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with face mask penalties in this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: face mask penalties ..

you cant have strip ball on aggressive with the gameplan. When you do, you get a lot of facemask penalties, same with clipping when the impact block is on aggressive.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

The aggressive gameplanning was only made to be used when you really need it, people who try to use it all game long are going to learn the hard way.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexerr
The aggressive gameplanning was only made to be used when you really need it, people who try to use it all game long are going to learn the hard way.

yep, i wasnt a big fan of it even when i first heard about it but i said whatever, no big deal. But then after using it in the demo i realized that it was not something i'm going to use and after playing the retail version it confirmed that. It makes things cheap and really goes over the top. I dont play online so since i just play offline dynasty i just keep everything on normal except jump the snap on defense since that doesnt seem to get crazy if its on aggressive and holding blocks longer as well because you dont get a ton of holding calls so those 2 are ok. But a lot of the others get a little crazy.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

For online games, I love playing against aggressive settings since they're counterable by conservative settings on my part. I played against a guy recently who ended up losing pretty badly, thanx in no small part due to penalties. He had 5 facemasks, 4 clippings, and 2 holdings for 155 penalty yards. To go along with those 5 facemasks, he force 0 fumbles due to my conservative runnings.

The first moment I see that stripping animation I get excited thinking about all of the free yards I'm going to get. For some reason, most of the people that have used it against me never bother to turn it off. I'm guessing their thinking is along the lines of "well, hopefully I got most of my facemasks out of the way. I'm finally due for a fumble now!"
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I get most of mine in my own redzone, which sucks because that's the only place on the field where I really use it. I think they just need to tone it down a little because realistically teams go for the strip alot in real life and there still isn't as many facemask penalties as I'm seeing. Oh well just my .02 cents
Old 07-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

The first game I ever played on 2010 I had 9 face mask penalties and lost by 3. I didn't use the aggressive settings at all - strictly balanced. I've since tuned the sliders effectively. I still get a face mask or two per game with balanced settings, but that's mostly me manually trying to strip the ball.

PSN: zensooni
Old 07-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

The first game in my season against Miami i had it set to "Aggressive" all game and got crushed, mainly cause penalties and big plays killed me. I dont think ive had it on aggressive since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »