Home

Pass Defense

This is a discussion on Pass Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Pass Defense

Anyone have any tips, I am using Trinty120's AA sliders. I am #1 in Rush offense/defense but I cannot seem to stop the pass. No matter what defense I call, someone is ALWAYS wide open and it really gets me annoyed. I am using Michigan in my dynasty, so I have a decent defense.
Detroit Red Wings | 3 - 4 | Lost Stanley Cup
MLB |Detroit Tigers | 48 - 42 | Next Series: Seattle Mariners
MLL | Boston Cannons | 6 - 4 | Next Game: Toronto Nationals

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Kase's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Pass Defense

If you're playing man, use a coverage audible to bring the corners in to play bump coverage. On Ps3 it's Triangle, down. Playing press coverage gives my lineman extra time to get to the qb and force a bad throw. Dime, Cover 2 - man under is my defense of choice against a spread passing attack. Then I will press the secondary.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase
If you're playing man, use a coverage audible to bring the corners in to play bump coverage. On Ps3 it's Triangle, down. Playing press coverage gives my lineman extra time to get to the qb and force a bad throw. Dime, Cover 2 - man under is my defense of choice against a spread passing attack. Then I will press the secondary.
That's exactly what I would have said. Dime Cover 2 works really well for me even without the press coverage.

PSN: zensooni
Old 07-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

The CPU calls a great game. Some call it cheating. I call it football.

When I realized that it would 'read' my play calling and 'exploit' my tendencies I was very happy (and a little pissed).

When I would go man the short crossing routes, the ones with TE's and backs, is what the CPU would kill me with.

Well, I fixed his wagon. I would call man a few times and let that stuff work and then I would call man and audible my LB's to zone. That eliminated those drag routes that were killing me, especially with the run after catch.

When the CPU saw that I knew what he knew, he started hitting me with a few quick streaks in the slot to beat that LB zone. Time to switch it up again. I could not love it more.

Be unpredictable or, better yet, be predictable just enough for the cpu to think he knows what you do, then do something else. For instance: cpu faces a 3rd and 6 I call my defense. I will call the same defense the next 3rd and similar. I may even call it the next time after that. But, when it really matters, and the cpu is sure I;ll call it a 4th time... I don't. I can just imagine that little pixelated qb cursing, shaking his tiny virtual head, second guessing himself because he was so sure that play would work again.

He didn't know that all humans aren't foolish. We know the game too.Its football and I love it. It makes you change your play calling.

I love the challenge and love that no one defense is good to stop everything. I enjoy it when the cpu finds holes in my "D" and never feel cheated.

I just wish I had more time to make adjustments because I am not as fast on the stick as I need to be.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
Rookie

dsciara21's Arena

OVR: 4

user db's in any zone defense and the cpu always seems to mess up against me. I use a 4-2-5 and use a max zone under the normal set-up or the spy cover two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree with the press coverage, it seems as if jamming receivers is a lot more improved this year compared to last.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »