Home

Should EA release open/closed Beta???

This is a discussion on Should EA release open/closed Beta??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 23
Should EA release open/closed Beta???

Maybe someone at EA will see this and bring it up. In future years should EA release an open or closed beta for their big sellers like NCAA & Madden. That way a lot of problems could be found, and solved before the games actual release date. I dont see why this couldnt be done. It would favor everyone, calm the buyers down, fix all or most of the glitched pre release, and save EA from having to hear all the junk on the forums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Should EA release open/closed Beta???

This is what community day is supposed to do, but obviously they don't listen to anyone and still release a buggy product that needs patching. An open/closed beta would do wonders for NCAA. The game would probably ship with little to no bugs, trivial things like rosters wouldn't get overlooked, maybe sliders would work out of the box.

They say they have a QA team but every year just adds to my doubt about that. Its time EA invested in hiring some guys who know football and know how to test games and such.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
This is what community day is supposed to do, but obviously they don't listen to anyone and still release a buggy product that needs patching. An open/closed beta would do wonders for NCAA. The game would probably ship with little to no bugs, trivial things like rosters wouldn't get overlooked, maybe sliders would work out of the box.

They say they have a QA team but every year just adds to my doubt about that. Its time EA invested in hiring some guys who know football and know how to test games and such.
Completely agree. I dont think anyone there is a diehard football guy. I just dont get how rosters & sliders have to be patched two years in a row. I would be embarrassed if I was a developer. I think they just put their time and effort into new features like SS and Teambuilder, over fine tuning or testing the rest of the game.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Completely agree. I dont think anyone there is a diehard football guy. I just dont get how rosters & sliders have to be patched two years in a row. I would be embarrassed if I was a developer. I think they just put their time and effort into new features like SS and Teambuilder, over fine tuning or testing the rest of the game.
Its pretty obvious that none of them are really football fans. Sure "Big Ben" goes to his FSU games but I wonder if he even watches the games. He goes to every game but do you think he's ever seen a mascot celebration. He says that NCAA captures the college atmosphere, how could he even say that if he goes to every FSU game.

EA needs football guys quick.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Its pretty obvious that none of them are really football fans. Sure "Big Ben" goes to his FSU games but I wonder if he even watches the games. He goes to every game but do you think he's ever seen a mascot celebration. He says that NCAA captures the college atmosphere, how could he even say that if he goes to every FSU game.

I told them I would come work a few months for FREE. Captures college football atmostphere, lol, no he didnt say that did he??? The mascot celebrations in the game are absolute cheese and I believe thats a 15 yard penalty as well. So thats not realistic at all.

Im kind of lost on the band thing before the game. Florida has some generic band spelling out USA and GO GO GO. Are these people serious. I would rather just see the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:

FSU fans that are Ben's age don't understand the passion of College Football. The Students at FSU lost it in the mid-90's. They lost it because they were spoiled by winning. The don't show up until mid-1st quarter and leave after the 3rd quarter was a trend that became habit. If you go to an FSU game now, it still seems to be the same way.

When I was a student in Tallahassee we would start walking to Doak (about a 10 minute walk for us) at least an hour to an hour and a half before kick-off. We would go from tailgate to tailgate bumming food and beer. Thing was, no one thought we were bumming because the Alumni loved it. We got Free Beer and Free Food out of it before every game.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

as long as people keep buying the game, EA will pump out the buggy releases and features nobody wants

Season showdown vs Custom Playbooks & Formation subs...WTF
Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Sure...let's open season on the guys who make this game. Sounds like a fantastic idea. Except that it's not.

Guys, when have we EVER allowed this sorta crap around here?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »