Home

Anyone else not able to play NCAA after the Madden demo?

This is a discussion on Anyone else not able to play NCAA after the Madden demo? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Anyone else not able to play NCAA after the Madden demo?

Count me in as another person who will love to play Madden. It's realistic, polished, and has a slew of new features, instead of removing them like NCAA
Old 07-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #34
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I like the fact that I can actually see the ball when I pass in NCAA and I am not having seizures to to flashing lights like in Madden
Old 07-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
I havent played the Madden 10 demo yet, and I planned on dowloading it and playing it. But now, I am not so sure that its even worth a free download to play it. After reading here that it is extremely slow, it seems like it may just be another year of no madden if other things are wrong with it.
Just FYI - there is a game speed slider in the game (just not in the demo). We shipped the demo on "Slow" game speed to showcase those major differences and make the game slightly easier to play for those that maybe are new to the Franchise. You can bump the speed back up to be exactly what NCAA's is.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #36
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I played 1 game of the Madden demo. it felt a little too slow, but i think the demo was set to the slowest speed setting though. I went back to NCAA 10 after that.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder
It's just really hard for me to enjoy NCAA 10. I love college football, it's hands down my favorite sport, and therein lies my issue with this game. It plays and feels nothing like actual collegiate football, and the core gameplay is indentical to 09. Players still have no weight, which allows them to zig zag across the field doing 360 moves and other ackward movements. The oline/dline interaction is horrid, and the presentation and commentary are stale. The visuals are less than stunning, and it has some of the most ackward glitches I've ever seen. So I guess all this means I'll still be playing The Show, and when Madden releases, I'll be dropping NCAA.
This is how I was feeling after several games I just couldn't stay into it. I was playing my brother and afterwards we were both happy the game was over; just doesn't have that it this year. Though I am happy you can actually play D' this year.

This isn't really the place to discuss this fully, but Madden has made a tremendous leap and those who don't see it, take your ***** goggles off. I have not been able to put the demo down and I was happy to get the 5 minute demo from Gamespot. The speed takes some to adjust to, but it is fine and the game keeps you so immersed from the crowd noice and different camera shots.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #38
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

what speed is the game designed for? like, what speed did you do all of your testing and tweaking with?
Old 07-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #39
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm a huge college fan myself but, after playing the Madden demo I can clearly say my video game football will be with Madden.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #40
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

I can completely agree with that DirtyJerz.

As someone who hasn't purchased Madden since 2005 on PS2 (didn't enjoy any of the next gen offerings), I have come away very impressed after playing the extended demo. I've purchased NCAA each of the past three years and have NCAA 10 so that is my base of comparison.

The first thing I immediately notice in gameplay is the game speed. I'm not for sure how the hardcore Madden players over the last few years feel about the slower gameplay, but I'm absolutely loving it! You can find and hit holes in the run game and I actually feel like I am in control. Catching (amazing over the shoulder grabs WHILE tracking the ball) as well as passing seem sooo much more realistic in comparison, unlike NCAA where I always feel pressured or rushed to make plays. It just feels like Madden allows you to play football and not a game within the game, if that makes sense.

All in all, after playing the demo I must say that I'm glad Gamestop gave me that $40 trade in promo card when purchasing NCAA, because the Madden team just won back another fan of the series.

PSN: Sixty5South

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »