Home

Non-BCS schools in the title game

This is a discussion on Non-BCS schools in the title game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 AM   #9
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Non-BCS schools in the title game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinji
In the third year of my dynasty, the National Championship game was Boise St. (12-0) vs. USC (12-1). USC won 57-54...insane final score.
so apparently the defenses in that game never showed up, with that kind of score...wow.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinji
In the third year of my dynasty, the National Championship game was Boise St. (12-0) vs. USC (12-1). USC won 57-54...insane final score.

bet the ratings would've been high for that game.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:41 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 38

Is it even possibly for a non BCS team too get in the National Title, in real life?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 02:10 AM   #12
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Not with the strength of schedule the BCS uses, a couple years back when Boise did make a BCS bowl game after going undefeated, they were only like 10th in the BCS standings... there were two loss BCS conference teams ranked ahead of them...
Old 07-25-2009, 02:15 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Not with the strength of schedule the BCS uses, a couple years back when Boise did make a BCS bowl game after going undefeated, they were only like 10th in the BCS standings... there were two loss BCS conference teams ranked ahead of them...
So, are you saying a non BCS conference team could never be in a National Title, in less they move into a BCS conference?
Old 07-25-2009, 02:16 AM   #14
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

In my first year of dynasty play I faced Boyzee State in the BCS game - I was Ole Miss. I think EA highly over values those guys.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:38 AM   #15
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
So, are you saying a non BCS conference team could never be in a National Title, in less they move into a BCS conference?

Short of a playoff system, basically... only other way would be to play all of their OOC games against top ten teams and win them all.. that would probably do it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 02:44 AM   #16
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh

Yeah they were 8th in BCS, 9th in coaches & AP polls

And I don't think non BCS schools should be considered for national championships unless their schedules get tougher. The only quality teams BSU played that year besides OU in the Fiesta Bowl, were Oregon St. and Utah, and those programs weren't exactly having great seasons.

I think if a team like Boise St (who will never achieve any sort of difficult schedule from their conference games) starts scheduling more ranked teams for their non-conference games instead of cupcakes, and THEN goes undefeated, they should have a chance to compete in the national championship.

BSU just scheduled a game against the Hokies in 2010. Now if they added another game against Oregon, and then maybe a couple more respectable teams, they could make a case for the national championship game granted they go undefeated

I love my team, I'm just not delusional that they deserve to play in the National Champ game just because they beat up on Utah St. and New Mexico St. every season.

EDIT: Its funny because I try and exact this same strategy on my dynasty. I'll load up my non-conference schedule with ranked teams and then if I make the national championship I'll feel like I deserve it.

In year 1 of my franchise I beat Oregon, Utah, BYU, and another ranked team (can't remember who) but lost to Miami when I was ranked top 10 in the nation. Still made the orange bowl but lost in a thriller to Georgia Tech.

Year 2 I'm loading up again on top teams (including rematches against Miami and GA Tech lol) and this time I'm running the table

Last edited by Madden's Jowels; 07-25-2009 at 02:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »