Home

Ridiculous OT glitch

This is a discussion on Ridiculous OT glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ridiculous OT glitch

So I'm playing in a bowl game, Miami vs. Georgia. I'm Miami. It goes into OT, I have the ball first. We both score TDs, so now Georgia has the ball again. I player lock with a blitzing CB, and force the QB to throw an INT to my linebacker, who returns it for about 10 yards.

Okay, I thought, all I need to do is get a FG and I win. The changeover screen comes up where the camera pans around the stadium, but lo and behold, when the playcalling comes up, I'm on defense.

I thought perhaps that it didn't register my INT, and went back as if it hadn't happened. I hold them again, this time to a 4th down. They kick a FG and yep, it wins them the game. Basically the game counted my INT return as my possession in OT, so I didn't get to go on offense.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Ridiculous OT glitch

Ya overtime is messed up. Some people have said they go into OT 3 and the cpu gets 2 possesions back to back and they win because they get an extra possesion and you dont even get one. Its really messsed up.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:27 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 38

wow EA really really needs to address this. I personally love OT and I don't wanna lose cause EA messed up, I wanna lose cause the other team was better than me or played better.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

outrageous that they broke OT! ive never seen anything like this in any previous version. does someone on the dev team just get drunk and jack up the coding every year and ruin half the game?!?!
43 Conference Championships
3 Heisman Winners
106 All-Americans
on going NCAA Record 304 Consecutive Sellouts
There is No Place Like Nebraska

Old 07-25-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah I won a game because of the messed up OT. We were in OT 2 and the computer had already gotten a field goal, so I needed to either get a FG to tie or score a TD to win; I threw an INT, thought the game was over... but somehow after the camera panned around the stadium, I got the ball again, scored and won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 01:52 AM   #6
Banned

I picked off Stanford on the first play from OT and return it for a td for the win.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:54 AM   #7
Rookie

Wiles's Arena

Hopefully this is something that will be addressed via patch because it's an absolute game killer, making you not want to be involved in close games in fear of going to OT. The same thing happened to me in my U-Dub dynasty. I had USC beat in OT and the game glitched out on me and I lost, so I just shut down the console because I'm not about to take a loss like that.

An hour of my life that I'll never get back...
Old 07-25-2009, 03:04 AM   #8
Banned

SeminoleWAY's Arena

OVR: 6

In my Dynasty i played Oklahoma, I'm FSU we went 6....yes, 6 OTs and I did not have any problems except the CPU kept getting lucky on ridiculous plays and I eventually lost that game. Best game I've ever played...and longest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »