Home

CPU QB AI Issues

This is a discussion on CPU QB AI Issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 04:25 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
CPU QB AI Issues

Looks like robo qb was adressed for the most part but I can't help but notice some of the other issues with the cpu qb were not.

1. The CPU AI still has a tendency to try to throw the ball to quickly almost directly after the snap sometimes. This still occurs even with no pressure yet or any open receivers.

2. Still seeing way too many off the back foot accurate throws even with qb accuracy at 35. The jumping backwards ones really are the most annoying.

3. Still completely helpless if a screen pass is covered. Wish they would throw it away or scramble.

4. Still refuse to scramble or throw it away when everybody is covered on the play.

Really this is one of things holding me back from enjoying the game.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 04:32 AM   #2
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: CPU QB AI Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Looks like robo qb was adressed for the most part but I can't help but notice some of the other issues with the cpu qb were not.

1. The CPU AI still has a tendency to try to throw the ball to quickly almost directly after the snap sometimes. This still occurs even with no pressure yet or any open receivers.

2. Still seeing way too many off the back foot accurate throws even with qb accuracy at 35. The jumping backwards ones really are the most annoying.

3. Still completely helpless if a screen pass is covered. Wish they would throw it away or scramble.

4. Still refuse to scramble or throw it away when everybody is covered on the play.

Really this is one of things holding me back from enjoying the game.
I think sliders can fix 1 and 2....

3 and 4 I do agree with you. It takes a away a certain dimension that a scrambling QB is a bit nerfed in this game when you're playing AGAINST him because he rarely scrambles.

Playing AS a scrambling QB is a filed day, because the cpu just doesn't cover the human scramble well at all....even with average spped QBs. Hope they fix those thinga via patch.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #3
MVP

^^What slider adjustments would you suggest? I have tried both J-Units and Trinity's sliders so far.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:44 AM   #4
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
^^What slider adjustments would you suggest? I have tried both J-Units and Trinity's sliders so far.
well you can try lowering both human and cpu accuracy to 5.....

you're on AA eh? so that might work...if you don't mind going to heisman...you can try my sliders or some other people's heisman settings.

Robo QB was the first thing I tried to remedy after the patch, and for me it's gone. Give it a whirl , maybe it will suit ur play style.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
MVP

^^^Lowering the accuracy would help with number 2 but not sure it would help with number 1. Have you been noticing the CPU throw the ball quickly alot with your sliders?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 05:00 AM   #6
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
^^^Lowering the accuracy would help with number 2 but not sure it would help with number 1. Have you been noticing the CPU throw the ball quickly alot with your sliders?

I really don't pay enough attention.....but I would say not a lot. You'll be the better judge of that I think.

Last edited by phillyfan23; 07-25-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:33 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
well you can try lowering both human and cpu accuracy to 5.....

you're on AA eh? so that might work...if you don't mind going to heisman...you can try my sliders or some other people's heisman settings.

Robo QB was the first thing I tried to remedy after the patch, and for me it's gone. Give it a whirl , maybe it will suit ur play style.
Do it. Philly's sliders are awesome.....Umm that reminds me of BK Stackers for some reason. Now I'm hungry.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

The CPU QB behavior that bothers me most is 1) option plays, he never tosses to the RB and always loses yards, 2) he gets sacked on too many of the screens by not dropping deep enough or throwing quickly enough, 3) he all too frequently throws far short of what's needed for first downs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »