Home

Teams now available for-Three new "old School" "Games of the Century"

This is a discussion on Teams now available for-Three new "old School" "Games of the Century" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Teams now available for-Three new "old School" "Games of the Century"

Hey guys I just posted the following teams you can use to replay great "games of the century:" from the rather distant past: (The best way to find them is to search using their year (e.g. 1968 or 1946 etc.) as the school's name). I posted this in the team builder section but I thought I would put it here too.

1) 1968 -- Harvard vs. Yale--- Probably the greatest Ivy league game ever! Both teams were undefeated. Yale led by their all star QB Brain Dowling and their super HB --Calvin Hill--who was an outstanding receiver and would later achieve a measure of greatness in the NFL. Harvard countered with a skat back named Vic Gatto and a full back named Hornblower. Yale got a big lead and then Harvard make an incredible comeback --full of wild plays and on sides kicks. Ultimately Harvard made a 2 point conversion and the game ended in a memorable tie which Harvard claimed they "won" due to their remarkable come back.

2) 1958 -LSU--vs. Ole Miss : Lsu had a great team--led on offense by their twin HB threats -Johnney Robinson and the explosive Billy Cannon (Bad pun--but an accurate metaphor). LSU also had a wild defense full of fire and spit which they nicknamed the "Chinese bandits". Ole Miss had their own great team--In the late 50's and early 60"s Ole Miss fielded a number of super teams and this was one. Great defense-- and a good running attack led by Kent Lovelace, Charlie Flowers and a guy with the wonderful first name of "Cowboy". The game was at night and with no television coverage people all over the nation huddled around their radios to listen to the static and crackling broadcast of this great game. Billy Cannon made the most dramatic punt return of all time (Nebraska fans loyal to Johnny Rogers might disagree ) to win the game for LSU.

3) 1946 Army vs. Notre Dame : This game was so big they held it in New York. Army had TWO Heisman trophy winners --in their incredible backfield of Dr Blanchard (mr. inside) and Glen Davis (Mr. Outside). Notre Dame had their own stars--Qb---Johnny Lujack (who would also win a Heisman) and wide out Leon Hart (who would win a Heisman--that makes 4 Heisman winners in one game !)_. The game ended in a memorable scoreless tie.

4) BONUS team for a "fantasy game of the century" - 1966 Alabama.

In 1966 Notre Dame and MichiganState wound up being ranked 1 and 2 after their 10-10 tie in their game of the century. This same year Alabama was undefeated and finished ranked 3rd in the nation. Bear Bryant argued that his team had a better record then either Notre Dame or Michigan state (who each had a tie). Unfortunately Alabama never got the chance to prove their superiority on the field--Now you can make that happen ! Match the tide against Notre Dame or Michigan state (These teams were in my first "game of the century" teams). The tide is not a great running team. But, they have star qb Ken Snake Stabler and two wonderful receivers in Ray Perkins and Dennis Homan. On defense Alabama is outstanding they are quick and will swarm to the ball with amazing pursuit.

FYI--- You might alos liek to check out my first 3 "Games of the century"

1) 1966 Notre Dame- vs. Michigan State
2) 1967 USC (with OJ Simpson) vs. UCLA (Gary Beban)
3) 1971 Oklahoma vs. Nebraska

You can find them all on Team builder by enterign their yer as their "name".

Have Fun !!

Mizzoutiger is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »