Home

Height Determines Speed?

This is a discussion on Height Determines Speed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Height Determines Speed?

height definatly determines speed, I recruited a 5'7 rb with 87 speed and he felt like a 97 speed it was sick. And as far as accleration goes, it has a factor but not much. It doesnt effect a players rating at all at least.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

i think the problem is that they made the ratings in relation to size, I.E. 6-4 250lbs speed of 94 is not as fast as 5-8 170 speed of 94, which does actually make some sense as a defensive lineman considered to be ultra fast, is not the same as a rb that is ultra fast(in real life)...the problem occurs when the game does this as opposed to just having 87 spd be 87 spd no matter what size the player is. i take it as a failed attempt at realism, but overall i think the game is fun and pretty realistic(as games go) and they are on the right track in most aspects.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

it could also be that you havent downloaded an updated roster yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #12
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp GO BLUE
it could also be that you havent downloaded an updated roster yet.
That has nothing to do with the issue and yea I have.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:07 AM   #13
Rookie

LSUF4N's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankyCheeZ267
Me and my brother were playing NCAA Football 10 when i noticed that smaller guys move way faster than bigger players. My brother was LSU and i was California. Jahvid Best is the starting running back for Cal and he is 5-10 197lbs w/ 97 spd. My brother put in Trindon Holliday a 5-5 164lbs running back w/ 99 spd. I realize that Holliday's spd is 2 points higher but when Holliday got the ball he was shot out of a cannon every single time. Jahvid Best also seemed to move kind of slow. Does this happen to other people who play this game?
Trindon holiday also happens to be the fastest guy in college football... He is the ncca champion in 60 yard dash and 2nd place in 100 (the 1st place doesnt play football)
Old 08-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #14
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3

The problem that EA has made, is that it seems like sometimes, ratings are relative, while other times, they're absolute values.

A DE that is a speed freak should be a 85 spd, while the rest are at 70s and 80s. If he's at a 90 spd, he should be just as fast as that 90 spd RB.

Or, if he's going to be a "90 spd @ DE" which is slower than a "90 spd @ CB" ... tell us, and keep it that way.

Players definitely play quicker depending on size, and I'm not the only one that noticed it this season by the looks of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUF4N
Trindon holiday also happens to be the fastest guy in college football... He is the ncca champion in 60 yard dash and 2nd place in 100 (the 1st place doesnt play football)
That's fine, but irrelevant to this conversation for the most part. We're going on ratings. Holliday doesn't have a * beside his 99 spd, saying that he's actually a sprint champion, and plays faster than that. If thats the case, do what Madden did with Hester, and make him a 100 speed.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #15
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz5

Players definitely play quicker depending on size, and I'm not the only one that noticed it this season by the looks of it.
I just tested this for about 15 minutes in practice and I don't see it at all.

I made a 6'3", 225-pound HB with 99 speed, acc, and agility and a 5'5", 160-pound HB with the same stats. They look like they're the exact same speed (which, incidentally, doesn't seem that fast). I even ran a 40-yard dash with them on an empty field.

Maybe the smaller guy appears faster because a smaller body is covering just as much space as a big body.

On another note, since EA fixed pursuit angles for NCAA 10, I wish they'd bring back NCAA 09's speed curve.

Speedsters in this game just don't feel that fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #16
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
I just tested this for about 15 minutes in practice and I don't see it at all.

I made a 6'3", 225-pound HB with 99 speed, acc, and agility and a 5'5", 160-pound HB with the same stats. They look like they're the exact same speed (which, incidentally, doesn't seem that fast). I even ran a 40-yard dash with them on an empty field.

Maybe the smaller guy appears faster because a smaller body is covering just as much space as a big body.

On another note, since EA fixed pursuit angles for NCAA 10, I wish they'd bring back NCAA 09's speed curve.

Speedsters in this game just don't feel that fast.
at 99 speed everyone is fast bro. The differance is better displayed with low 90s and high 80s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »