Home

Everybody's got one. What's your problem?

This is a discussion on Everybody's got one. What's your problem? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 02:54 AM   #41
Banned

jarv's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Everybody's got one. What's your problem?

Stopping the pass. Jesus Christ it's hard once the CPU gets on a roll. I can stop them behind the line on first and second down, and they'll convert on 3 and 13 almost every time, no matter what defense I call...

and also USC going for it on 4 and 12 on their first drive of the game when I have them inside their own 20...and converting it. WTF?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 03:39 AM   #42
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
Sigh...I'm trying to have fun with this game but its starting to grate on me. Even with sliders I still can't get a decent pass rush whilst the CPU gets great pressure on me all game long.

Its good that robo QB appears to be gone for the most part but it seems to rear its ugly head for very short bursts. I'm sure a lot of you guys know what I'm talking about, the 4-5 minute patches where the CPU goes 14-15, throwing strikes even with heavy pressure, getting off perfect passes when micro seconds away from being sacked. Then all will return to normal and the stats will even out. Maybe its just me but this feast or famine stuff drives me nuts.

I would love some advice on how to get decent pressure on the QB because unless I'm playing a far weaker team I can't get any at all. It just feels totally neutered.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining too much but the fun factor is not there right now. I can win games (I'm 4-2 in my dynasty) but the process of doing so isn't really fun. It just feels like there is a fundamental imbalance in the pass rush that skews the game for me. If I am wrong then please give me some advice on how to get rid of this feeling because I really want to enjoy this game!!!
Setting my defensive strategy to aggressive on jumping the snap seems to help with the pressure somewhat, though the CPU still manages to win on stupid BS anyway.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:54 AM   #43
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

It just annoys me that I can't get a decent pass rush with the CPU blocking slider at 0 and my pass rush at 100. At those settings it should be pure carnage every single play. I have the patch and I thought that this was supposed to be fixed?

I'm really hoping its something I'm doing wrong. I'm setting my defense to aggressive, changing up coverages and blitzes and am having no luck.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:45 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I'm with you on this one. I dont even use the stick to place the ball, I just throw it, lol, and I'm still not throwing too many picks. By the way, can anyone tell me the average amount of time a QB should have in the pocket?

I actually looked for this info the other day and suprisingly I COULD NOT find it. I'm talking about using google and all that good ****, still couldn't find it, lol.

It's around 3 secs in the NFL. Not sure how that would translate to college...
Old 07-27-2009, 07:18 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

It has to be the pass rush. i thought they were supposed to fix the lineman AI to follow the ends and keep them off the QB. But i realize i cant take for ever, but the second i i step back? its so annoying watching my offensive line WATCH the guy run right by them and sack for 5 yds. Its so irratating. the offensive line in 09 blocked better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

I gotta say the most annoying thing to me are the challenges, i have never won one. Even when the receiver is clearly out of bounds, its a loss of a timeout. I guess that goes back to the foot planting issues though.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #47
Rookie

Stacks's Arena

OVR: 4

Turning injuries off in my dynasty, yet still getting injuries left and right after I sim each week. There are no injuries for the game that I play, but for the sim games, the injuries still happen like crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »