Home

COMEBACKS

This is a discussion on COMEBACKS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 06:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
COMEBACKS

1. Now i know we've all had our shares of comebacks. I personally had one of the greatest comebacks recently. My amazing comeback ( at least i think so because of the circumtances) anyway, It came in NCAA 2009. I was using South Florida and the guy was using Clemson. It was close game until the 3rd quarter. He started to pull away by using C.J. Spiller as a fullback and kept dumping it out to the flats and tackling him one on one was almost impossible. Anyway, the score at he end of the 3rd quarter was 14-31 Clemson. Early in the fourth i drove down the field and made a 42 yrd FG with about 3:44 left to go, that made the score 17-31. His next drive i made him go 4 and out after about a 1:33 drive. And got the ball back with about 2:11 left to go. And i scored on 28 yrd run by Matt Grothe to make the score 24-31 with only one of my T.O's left. And the clock showed 1:04 left in play. I knew my only option was an onside kick. So i went for it and got it back with 0:59 left to go. I ran the hurry up and drove up the field slowly but surely. got inside the 10 yd line with about 0:07 seconds left. The next play he ran the Quarters defense and backed everyone up to the goal-line, i was running a 5-wide set. I snapped the ball and noticed that no-one was spying Matt Grothe so i took off with him and got my 10 yds and scored with no time remaining. As the saying goes no guts no glory. I went for to and connected with Mike Ford to secure my win.

If you have a amazing comeback i'd like to hear it. tell me about it see if you can top mine.

GET LIFTED!!!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: COMEBACKS

Last year I was Colorado playing Colorado St. in a rivalry game and I was probably rated 15 points better in the overall ratings and yet was down 28 in the second half. I came back and tied it with under a minute left and won in OT (scored two TDs in the third and two TDs in the 4th, defense finally held). Best comeback I ever have but I should never have been losing so bad in the first place!!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

In my dynasty wh SMU, I was down 31-7 at the half to UCF. I had thrown 3 ints in the first qtr. I used the passing game almopst exclusively in the 2nd half to comeback to within 34-28 with 1:37 left in the 4th. On 3rd and 12 from their own 45, UCF tried a deep out route which I picked off. I scored as time expired to tie the game and kicked the PAT to take the W.

On top of that in my 3rd year with SMU I went into a 5 OT thriller against UCF once again. I won that one by stopping their two point try. Final Score 63-61. Greatest Game Score 1928 pts.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had one in 09 where the guy was cheesing with WVU running triple option all day out of goal line sets. It was coming down to who had the ball last as we both had scored every time we had the ball. Well I drew the short straw and he had ball last. I had used up all my timeouts and was down by 4 i think with seconds left to play. The guy was on my 10 and still trying to run up the score so I call FG block safe zone. Of course the guy sees my formation and audibles to a pass. Imagine his surprise when my guys drop back into coverage and his pass floats into the arms of one of my DBs 5 yards deep into the end zone. I then proceed to run a zig-zagging return 105 yards, making him whiff 3 times trying to hit-stick me on my way to the end zone after time expires for the win. That, ladies and gentlemen, is why you take a knee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »