Home

Are we game testers?

This is a discussion on Are we game testers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #49
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Are we game testers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Above all else, this is the cause of the frustration. Imagine if Halo came out with less features than on the regular xbox. Imagine if GTA came out with crappy GTA 1 overhead graphics again.

EA has had just as much time to adjust to the new hardware as everybody else. They probably have more money too.

That is what is killing EA football right now.
Sports games are a different monster than those other games. Those release every 2 or so years, while sports games are released every year with only 9 months of development out of said year.

However, MLB 09 the show gets released annually, and they don't have nearly as many problems...
Old 07-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #50
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
Sports games are a different monster than those other games. Those release every 2 or so years, while sports games are released every year with only 9 months of development out of said year.

However, MLB 09 the show gets released annually, and they don't have nearly as many problems...
That's not our fault. We didn't design that business model. NCAA has had a 4 year development period on next get (I think, I don't know how many versions actually). They don't scrap the game every season and start over.

In four years, I expect an epic CoD Modern Warfare 2 style game. Those other games have set the bar to high. Hell, NCAA 06 on PS2 set the bar high.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #51
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
That's not our fault. We didn't design that business model. NCAA has had a 4 year development period on next get (I think, I don't know how many versions actually). They don't scrap the game every season and start over.

In four years, I expect an epic CoD Modern Warfare 2 style game. Those other games have set the bar to high. Hell, NCAA 06 on PS2 set the bar high.
If they just scrapped it every year, then the development time would double, or even triple. They take the old code, build to it, take away from it, clean it up, polish it. The problem is, the NCAA team seems to have done NONE of that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
If they just scrapped it every year, then the development time would double, or even triple. They take the old code, build to it, take away from it, clean it up, polish it. The problem is, the NCAA team seems to have done NONE of that...
Yeah, they choose to give us pointless features that don't add to the experience.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #53
Banned

klb835's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsdabeast
I've already stated that I will be returning this game and won't be buying this game again till most likely next-gen. How much are the developers really helping when the issues they fix should never make it in the final product? How about trying a new engine? Even if it takes a little getting used to, it would show effort to me. You know there is a thing called progress.
HAHAH this is my favorite part.... I won't be buying this game again till likely next gen

DUDE come on, wake up. EA does it better then anyone else. They get the game just how you want it. Then a new console comes out and the game goes back to scratch. When I bought madden for the ps3 the first year..I think it came with just exhibition mode. Next gen won't solve the problems. The crowd's look like they did on the ps1, the sideline players look like the ps1. Consoles being update seem to just stump ea and confuse them and make them start from scratch. In fact I'm still waiting for home field advantage where the screen shakes to come back?? Maybe that will be ps5 or something.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:22 AM   #54
Rookie

joehoo's Arena

OVR: 4

I would give anything to be the head of EA. I would fire every D-Bag that put this game together!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:42 AM   #55
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints21
The same will happen with madden.. they'll need 1 or 2 patches to fix some issues...

And whats the problem with this?? at least they try to get it fixed.. if you dont like it, dont buy the game i dont know why is that so difficult? and if you want a real football experience go play some real football.. or study computer engineering and bring nfl 2k back haha

the past two years I would have though the same as all of you, but at LEAST this is the first playable game in next gen.. this is the game we should have received in 08.. it really pisses my off but I can play at least

Im an older gamer.. like alot of guys my age i had the first madden on CD in a system called a 3do.. it was beautiful and it did what it was supposed to do..as did my madden games on my sega genesis console..These worked during a time when there WERE NO PATCHES.. why now that we are years ahead technologically cant they make it right the first time? Whats with this release it flawed, full of mistakes and then download fixes???

Great Games are released every year that work well and never need patches.. EA uses patches to cover their rush-job game releases..they are driven by greed not any kind of artistic desire to make the best game possible.. Every year they give us the minmum amount of quality necessary to get that $65 out of our pockets..

Spend an extra 6 months to a year to program and correct flaws..??? never happen with these people..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 01:33 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehoo
I would give anything to be the head of EA. I would fire every D-Bag that put this game together!
HAHA yes! Me to but, NCAA feels like a madden port so you might have to fire the madden team developers.

I also wonder maybe EA do have testers maybe they are just cheesers though;just a thought. More on point i do think the fans are the testers it clearly seems like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »