Home

If The Game Needs 2 Patches To Address Gameplay Issues...

This is a discussion on If The Game Needs 2 Patches To Address Gameplay Issues... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: If The Game Needs 2 Patches To Address Gameplay Issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
They won't get better testing results until they reduce the scope of new features that they add all the time.
what new features? TB and SS... worthless

things that affect gameplay (i.e. sliders, progression, coverage AI) should be priority year to year. i just don't get how those new features are going to take precidence over fixing flaws year in and year out. and wouldn't presentation, perhaps, be a more impressive NEW feature?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #18
HST
Banned

OVR: 2

I find it baffling that there wasn't a single person who didn't just bust out laughing whenever that first chant of "defense" was played in a room full of developers. Seriously? How does that make it onto the final copy?

I recall an interview where one of the developers was talking about how many college games they attend live. Well, I'd have to question that. You'd think that whoever came up with that defense chant would be roundly mocked by the entire room.

As someone else mentioned, I think that this is just the way these guys view the game. And I'm actually okay with that if it's the case.

But when a punt goes out of bounds at the 6 and rolls past the goal line and is ruled a touchback you'd think that's something that'd be instantly fixed within a day of work. Maybe the developers are rushed and have little time to backtrack and correct.

It also seems like these guys are pressured into creating a meaningless feature that serves as nothing else other than a marketing angle each year. I knew '09 wasn't for me when I'd watch YouTube videos and jingoistic phrases such as "wide open gameplay" were used like a propoganda strategy that'd make Hitler blush. "Season Showdown!!!" Hilarious.

Either way, the trend now is to seemingly disrupt and complicate features that previosly worked just fine. I can't imagine that EA is excited about spending money to patch things that weren't previously broken. You don't have to have an extensive background in economics to recognize that this is a shaky business model at best.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #19
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

^^^ Sounds like they just took the chant from the college basketball game and thought it would work.

My 2 cents is, the blocking needs patching, specifically the pass blocking. It's like either guys block, or either they just turn a blind eye and let half the defense through to sack you.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

I think that there is a definite need to increase tester and quality controll parameters for a game. However I also recognize that putting any game out on a 1 year cycle is a serious ordeal. Many games are on 5 year cycles give or take a year or two. These games are essentially on a continuous production cycle. There is no way the slider should not have worked as well as the progression issues as they seem like glaring and obvious flaws, however its possible they were disregarded to fix bigger problems that had to be prioritized becuase of time contstraints.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »