Home

What presentation aspects do you want to see in the menus between games?

This is a discussion on What presentation aspects do you want to see in the menus between games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Icon8 What presentation aspects do you want to see in the menus between games?

I like the gameplay of NCAA so far this season. I can't really run the ball, but I don't know if that's me or if it's my team (Texas Tech). So I can accept and even enjoy what is on the field.

--------------------

However, one thing that really bugs me is that after the game, there really isn't much to look at other then a few lines of text on a simulated newspaper. I realize there are going to be some limitations as far as what can be developed in a year, for example, probably can't get a weekly highlights show like 2K hoops, but there has to be some improvement here next season.

What kinds of things do you think could easily be added? What typically keeps your interest in real college football from week to week? I can only talk myself into the dynasty so much. If all I have is to look at the standings, read a bland recap and look at the Heisman candidates, then I tend to get bored quickly. I don't know why this never bothered me in the past, but this season, it is really bumming me out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What presentation aspects do you want to see in the menus between games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I like the gameplay of NCAA so far this season. I can't really run the ball, but I don't know if that's me or if it's my team (Texas Tech). So I can accept and even enjoy what is on the field.

--------------------

However, one thing that really bugs me is that after the game, there really isn't much to look at other then a few lines of text on a simulated newspaper. I realize there are going to be some limitations as far as what can be developed in a year, for example, probably can't get a weekly highlights show like 2K hoops, but there has to be some improvement here next season.

What kinds of things do you think could easily be added? What typically keeps your interest in real college football from week to week? I can only talk myself into the dynasty so much. If all I have is to look at the standings, read a bland recap and look at the Heisman candidates, then I tend to get bored quickly. I don't know why this never bothered me in the past, but this season, it is really bumming me out.
I realy don't care about presentation generally, but this years game is the undisputed king of blandness when it comes to this. It feels like I am starring at an old piece of stale bread preparring to dip into some expired lental soup.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 07-28-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
Banned

sois's Arena

I wonder what happened to the "emails" or "texts" that seemed to be creeping into sports games. I always liked getting feedback from players, coaches, media... etc about some tangent to main story.

That sounds like something simple to implement. I wish even that could make its way into NCAA 11.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
Banned

sois's Arena

Nobody else? Moving from week to week in dynasty mode is killing me with boredom. It feels like I'm in my own little world playing random individual games.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

i miss the suspensions, the disciplinary actions (or the lack of, which could get you the "death penalty"). Gimme some sorta celebration for winning the title...or a bowl game....the bowl patches were nice too....im not going to lose sleep over patches, but dang!

maaaan...herbstreit and corso dont phase me, i always told them to shut the f up in previous years lol.

i do miss the cut scenes at the beginning of the games, but its not a deal breaker. And i kinda like the recruiting actually....i don't get why some people say its "broke"? obviously im missing something.

if i had at least the discipline and suspensions back id probably say this is by far the best one yet...its close but i did love 05, and 06....depending on how Madden goes when i rent it....NCAA may get the backburner for the 1st time in several years...

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
Banned

sois's Arena

You know what I noticed? EA has the foundation for "halftime shows" and "post game shows" They show beautiful replays right as half time kicks off. All they need to do is put some audio (John Saunders maybe) over those replays and they've got something.

I always try to make suggestions that seem feasible to me. The replays seem like the hard part and they are there. Play those with a recap voice over and then show the half time stats and you have got something there.

Another thing I would add is feedback in terms of what is going on. Maybe your OC or DC can inform you that the defense is starting to key on your screen plays. Maybe the OC can point out that their DB is rattled. Those mathematical features are already built into the game, a little quick audio in your 360 headset would be AWESOME to go along with what is already happening on the field.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Honestly, this game is really bland when it come to presentation. I had a buddy who picked up the game for the first time since 08. He didn't even play 09. He says during an online game to me "The commentary hasn't change in 2 bleepin years. This is the same bleep I heard during 08."

However, for me, the gameplay is still worse than the presentation. Until they fix how the game plays (I don't think it will happen on this generation) then presentation doesn't mean much to me.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Nobody else? Moving from week to week in dynasty mode is killing me with boredom. It feels like I'm in my own little world playing random individual games.
I totally agree. This series needs to add some sort of weekly wrap-up show with HIGHLIGHTS of other games. Most importantly though, the entire interface needs to change. The menus are slow, sloppy and difficult to navigate. A NEW MADDENESQUE PAGE IS NEEDED WHERE ALL INFORMATION CAN BE ACCESSED AT ONE TIME AND IN ONE PLACE. This would be a good starting point. I also like the idea of brining back emails and discipline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »