Home

What are everyone's thoughts on Sportsmanship?

This is a discussion on What are everyone's thoughts on Sportsmanship? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What are everyone's thoughts on Sportsmanship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarws6
I already asked Ben about that over at ncaastrategies/utopia and he said that they considered it but thought there were too many ways to cheat it like putting all of your starters 2nd string and then subbing them in. I thought why not only get sportsmanship points for putting in 2nd stringers in the second half up 3 TD's, because with your 2nd stringers who would be actually 1st stringers it would be kinda hard to get that big of a lead with worse people than the starters.
jeesh, well if anyone is so hardcore enough to go to all that trouble to edit their rosters and do that whole "trick" then give them the 150 points, what the heck difference does it really make?????

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
To me sportsmanship should only be measured in online games. How I play against the CPU is not the same as how I play against another person. If I want to run up the score on WSU in the Apple Cup or if I'm trying to pad my stats for an end of the season award or XBL achievements, the CPU isn't going to complain. Forcing me to play a certain way when it has zero ramifications on anyone else is silly.

I used change the difficulty and switch sides at some point during my CPU games to cancel out my SS points, since I gained so many negative points for throwing second half screen passes and hook routes while winning by 30. Now I don't care, if UW gets a million negative points in sportsmanship cuz I got tired of running on every single down in the second quarter, so be it.
amen to that, i always really try to stick it to the CPU and try out new plays...i could care less about how "sportsmanship" i am when it comes to the CPU...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just turn it off. Switch teams with the comp & switch back. It disables the feature. You just have to do it before every game.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #28
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

a few changes have been made to SS.

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...&postcount=109

Alright, so the credit tuning has been pushed live and you will see the changes the next time you play a game. Here's a breakdown of the changes you will see. We can continue to tune this as much as we need to, so if you guys are still seeing issues that need to be tuned let me know the details.

- Boost to Underdog credits - if you are a major underdog in an online game you can earn up to 100 credits for the game, in an offline game the max is 30 credits.

- lowered the number of credits awarded for a big hit - since you also got credit for the tackle the credits were doubling up, now you get a bonus if your tackle was a big hit

- lowered the number of credits awarded for a successful jump the snap - 5 credits per successful event was too much

- lowered the number of credits awarded for defensive keying the pass - this was too much of a gimmie to get credits in 3rd and long situations.

- removed any negative hit when going for 2 points if the score diff is 5 points or less

- increased the number of credits earned for chewing the clock in the 4th quarter and lowered the number of credits for chewing before the 4th quarter.

- removed any negative sportsmanship for running it up until the 2nd half

- the score diff for "running it up" has been increased to more than 28 points before you will start seeing warnings unless it's less than 1:30 to go in the 4th.

-increased the number of credits earned for taking a knee

- lowered the amount of credits taken away for throwing in the 3rd quarter

- increased the number of credits taken away for running it up in extreme situations.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #29
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Nice. Sounds like they didn't address all of the complaints (i.e. 3rd & long passing, short passes, passing with your backups) but all of the changes listed are good ones for sure.

Also, this morning I actually did penalized for running an option with a big lead. I think it was maybe an option play I had already gotten a long TD on, not sure. I ran some other options and didn't get penalized later, not sure why. I think I didn't pitch the ball on the ones I got penalized for, maybe that was part of it.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #30
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Nice. Sounds like they didn't address all of the complaints (i.e. 3rd & long passing, short passes, passing with your backups) but all of the changes listed are good ones for sure.

Also, this morning I actually did penalized for running an option with a big lead. I think it was maybe an option play I had already gotten a long TD on, not sure. I ran some other options and didn't get penalized later, not sure why. I think I didn't pitch the ball on the ones I got penalized for, maybe that was part of it.
well I believe they can only tune things that are already given/taken points. so they can't add any situations like giving points for back-ups if there wasn't any to begin with. at least I don't think so without an actual patch to the game itself, but they can tune the situations that are already in place without a patch, by adjusting it server side.

I believe you got penalized if you pitched the ball on an option even before this change. if the QB keeps it and runs it or it is handed off to the FB, no points are taken away I don't think. same on pass plays, if you call a pass play and either get sacked or scramble and run it, no points are taken away for "running it up"

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)

Last edited by Solidice; 07-30-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #31
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Makes sense.

In the meantime, I'm dealing with the excessive passing punishment by passing a lot in the 1st half if I know I'm going to blow out my CPU opponent. Then I can get my runs in in the second half. Although it's still frustrating running on 3rd & 8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #32
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

try playing as Texas Tech and try to run their style of offense. watch as the negative points rack up in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »