Home

Recruiting Question

This is a discussion on Recruiting Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20
Recruiting Question

So I'm doing an online dynasty and we're in preseason recruiting, I'm just trying to figure one thing out before I end up doing something dumb and accidentally shooting myself in the foot.

I'll give an example:

Prospect A -
All 10 teams on his list have yellow color for their interest bar

Prospect B -
5 of his 10 teams have yellow interest bars, but the other 5 have red interest bars

So I'm not on either players list but I'm interested in them, I'm assuming the guy with the bottom 5 teams as red interest it would be easier to break into his top 10?

Or if anyone has gotten much into recruiting, is it even worth it to try for a player who doesn't list you? I'm just wondering because I'm playing as Illinois and the only guys interested in me are 3 stars, when I'd like to atleast be able to snag a few fours and maybe a five star.

Thanks for any help.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Question

I'm assuming that Prospect B would be easier for you to grab although I do not think it is impossible to pickup some players categorized as Prospect A. But the school you are using can also have a great impact on the recruiting process as well. For instance, as TCU which happens to be a solid program but not a powerhouse, I probably commit 2-3 four star prospects whom previously had no interest in me during the preseason or beginning of the season. Usually I am also able to sign one five star player whom also had little or no interest in my school. So yes there is hope but just know that there are a limited amount of recruits you most likely will be able to sign. Hope that helps a little.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Recruiting Question

Go for both of them and stick them near the top of your list. I've been able to move into the top 5 of guys who had the same interest levels from teams as you've listed. If you don't sign them in season and they don't sign with anyone else, you'll have an easier chance to land them in the off-season. However, if you're not on their Top 10 by mid-season, I'd drop them down a few spots and move up some other recruits that you have a better chance at landing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »