Home

Just had one of those games, fellas!

This is a discussion on Just had one of those games, fellas! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Just had one of those games, fellas!

Yep, one of 'those' games

OK. St.(me) vs Texas (cpu)

Everything was fine and dandy in the first half when I was trailing.

I took the lead right after halftime, and late in the 3rd quarter started some strange stuff

UT had the ball was driving, and I suddenly get called for 2 consecutive facemask penalties one on a 3rd down. That's 30 yards free for Texas. So they get down to FG range, I hold them. They attempt a semi-long FG....and missed!! Vindication. Wait Lassie, what's that boy? A running into the kicker penalty? But I didn't even touch the guy. Free first down for UT again. I hold them again, this time they get the FG.

Then later in the 4th quarter, after I sacked Colt McCoy....I see a flag...could it be holding? Doh! He's grabbing his face mask....free 15 yds, first down UT! Next play, busted coverage somehow and McCoy completes a bomb to one of their WR's down to about the 10. Next play or two, they get a TD. Now they are down by 3.

Surely they won't get the onside kick too, right? Wrong, they get it after it hits my guy in the torso and bounces to their man.

On the ensuing plays, McCoy throws an interception. Ahhh. I wanted to be happy that I got the interception to win the game, but I was so pissed that I was just like, whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Just had one of those games, fellas!

sounds like your game plan was agressive..if so, a lot of face masks will be called on you
Old 07-29-2009, 05:46 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

To me that sounds realistic. College players making dumb mistakes, choking in big situations. That stuff happens. I mean, I hate it when it happens to me and see why you're pissed, but at the same time, that happens a lot in college football. Also, as the dude above me said, your strategy may be on aggressive. If not, it's the game trying to make you lose. Nice job saving it.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

play conservative, cuts the penalties down but also lets you adjust how you want the offense n defense to go.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

No, I never play on agressive, so that's not the case.

And to the poster who said that's realistic, dude, come ON! Wake up! Nothing like that happens continually in real life. More notably on one drive that ultimately leads to a score. Alot of you guys will pick out an extreme instance that may have happened ONCE in real life in all my years of watching football, then justify it being common place in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

I haven't had crazy penalties. In fact, I think penalties are better than they have been in previous years. At least you get some called every game. In previous years (Even last-gen), you could go three games in a row without seeing one penalty.

Now, does the computer cheat sometimes? Hell yeah!

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
No, I never play on agressive, so that's not the case.

And to the poster who said that's realistic, dude, come ON! Wake up! Nothing like that happens continually in real life. More notably on one drive that ultimately leads to a score. Alot of you guys will pick out an extreme instance that may have happened ONCE in real life in all my years of watching football, then justify it being common place in this game.

I agree with you 100%. I put my gameplay on all blue and was still getting rubbish calls. I was playing Miss St. with Georgia (who is #6 in the OD I'm in) and the computer was out for blood. They beat me and I had to restart it because I couldn't let my season get wrecked by some rubbish *** team that shouldn't be able to compete. Sure enough next time it was 42-13 and I could do no wrong. My buddy got the short end playing LSU (#14) and he was Tenn (#4) and he got worked over by the cpu being lame but at least he was in Death Valley for that one. Regardless he was mad I turned it off so I will probably have to take an L against another SEC team to appease him
Old 07-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Yep, one of 'those' games

OK. St.(me) vs Texas (cpu)

Everything was fine and dandy in the first half when I was trailing.

I took the lead right after halftime, and late in the 3rd quarter started some strange stuff

UT had the ball was driving, and I suddenly get called for 2 consecutive facemask penalties one on a 3rd down. That's 30 yards free for Texas. So they get down to FG range, I hold them. They attempt a semi-long FG....and missed!! Vindication. Wait Lassie, what's that boy? A running into the kicker penalty? But I didn't even touch the guy. Free first down for UT again. I hold them again, this time they get the FG.

Then later in the 4th quarter, after I sacked Colt McCoy....I see a flag...could it be holding? Doh! He's grabbing his face mask....free 15 yds, first down UT! Next play, busted coverage somehow and McCoy completes a bomb to one of their WR's down to about the 10. Next play or two, they get a TD. Now they are down by 3.

Surely they won't get the onside kick too, right? Wrong, they get it after it hits my guy in the torso and bounces to their man.

On the ensuing plays, McCoy throws an interception. Ahhh. I wanted to be happy that I got the interception to win the game, but I was so pissed that I was just like, whatever.
We are all part of a huge conspiracy with EA to rig your games, we want you to loose! lol
I have not seen 3 total facemask calls in the 20 games I have played, much less 3 at the end of a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »