Home

WTF!!!!???

This is a discussion on WTF!!!!??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Icon8 WTF!!!!???

Ok here's the scenario. I'm playing a game in my OD against the cpu. I'm winning 24-0 against MS St. late in the 4th. They are on the goalline ready to score. I stop them on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down. It's 4th down and I have to get a stop if I want to preserve the shutout. They do a screen and the running back runs out of bounds. Yes!! I've stopped them, but wait a minute, why do they have the ball and are about to go for 2? Why do they have 6 points on the board? Did they call that a TD? WTF? I gotta challenge the play. Challenge fails(as usual). WTF? What just happened?

Notice the cheerleaders animation. Also notice the RB animation after he gets up from the tackle. The game GAVE them a score on that play. I have never in all my days of playing video football games seen such blatant cheating. I'm just glad the game wasn't close or I'd be really pissed. Has this happened to anybody else?

EDIT: Here is a link to my easportsworld page that gives a description of the above play

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/7979693

I don't know why it says it's on practice mode because it clearly isn't practice mode.

Last edited by splff3000; 07-29-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: WTF!!!!???

wow thats crazy, never seen nething like that b4.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Kase's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah that's some messed up junk. I had a play similar last night that worked out in my favor. It was 4th and 1 and I obviously didn't make it to the line of scrimmage on a run up the middle. I started screaming at my o-line but then I noticed it was 1st and 10 and I was choosing offensive plays. Should've saved my video like u did.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

I saw more blantant cheating than that in the first game I played of NCAA 10. Although in my case the CPU hurt itself. It was maybe 2nd & 10 and a CPU WR caught a pass in the middle of the end zone, at least 5 yards past the goal line. Iniitially it was ruled a TD, but then the booth reviewed the spot, and moved it back to the 1 yard line. It made no sense. I assumed it was a problem related to replay but now I'm not so sure...
Old 07-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

I have been having issues with the computer "playing too well" the last couple of games.

My first 3 games of the 2nd year OD with my buddy were going normal and fine and no one scored over 20 pts on my Georgia team. I played a game South Carolina and #18 Boise St. in there also. Then I play Miss St. ... Miss freakin St. They run back kickoffs and break 20 tackles to score. They had 4 TD run backs in the first game and it was a shoot out. Finally I was on the 10 yd line and hit my wide receiver who was wide open in the numbers and he dropped the pass. I said the hell with it and turned it off. Then I tried to play them again... same thing, the computer was just looking to upset me and get an L on my record. I restarted it AGAIN and then all of a sudden the game went EXACTLY like it was supposed to and I won 42-13. The same week LSU did the same thing to my buddy who was ranked higher than me and he got pissed that I restarted my game again Miss. St. meh either way.

The next week I play Arkansas (with their impressive 2-2 record). They get every fortunate call possible. Every rocket catch and every broken tackle and the game ends up being 59-56 me and I'm even AT HOME.

Upset AI is no fun. Close games against good even matched teams is fun but the cpu was ******ing me out.

We are playing on AA with default sliders too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Someone posted a vid last week or so of a ND CPU receiver getting bumped a good 2 yards out of bounds at the 6 yard line or so and then continuing his run, dragging defenders for the TD. If you want to see the vid, I think the thread's called "Just like in real life, ND cheats" or something.

Anywho, judging by that story, yours, and the TD replayed back to the 1 yard line thing, it seems pretty obvious that the EA guys have screwed up the placement of the field skins. IE, the left sideline is at X=0, but they mistakenly put the field skin at X=2 yards. Thus, if you're 2 yards "out of bounds" on the field, you're really still inbounds since the field is shifted.

If you wanted to test it, you could try the same field (it's likely only an issue with certain fields) and try running to the same place this guy scored on you and see if you're out of bounds.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was playing RTG last night against Tennessee and I won the toss chose to kick so they got the ball in the first half. Second half comes and wtf they get the ball again!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Wow that sucks. At least it wasn't a game winning touchdown though. Weirdest thing that happened to me so far was when I was playing my friend yesterday. I kicked a field goal and missed it. His guy caught it but stepped out the back of the endzone. Some that computed to me getting the ball back on my own 37. Don't know what happened so I just punted the ball to him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »