Home

THe AI Option is completely inecffective, EA please fix.

This is a discussion on THe AI Option is completely inecffective, EA please fix. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
THe AI Option is completely inecffective, EA please fix.

The AI cannot run the option. It has replaced the Cement Shoe QB Choice play from last year as the AI's guaranteed loss play and drive killer.

The dual threat QB is no longer a factor in this game.

Want an example of this? Go play Oregon. The #12 team in the land. An explosive team in real life that puts up huge numbers on the ground. 2 games on Heisman with AI run blocking at 65, the AI had 20 carries for 20 yards and 27 carries for 24 yards.

Its mainly because the option simply doesn't work out for the AI. Its a 5 yard loss nearly every single time.

Please look into this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: THe AI Option is completely inecffective, EA please fix.

Funny that you mention this because I played Oregon last night and going into the game I thought.. "wow, they're really good in this game, I'm screwed"

But then they started running the option. Made it a real easy game to win. Hope this can get fixed!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

In my dynasty last night (Arkansas, Heisman level) I had the fortune of playing an Auburn squad that ran a wildcat-like formation on two key 3rd downs and a 4th down.

1st try (a 3rd down and short): RB catches it in the backfield, throws a slow loopy pass towards the sideline (defenders everywhere, pass falls incomplete).

2nd try (a 3rd down): RB catches it in the backfield, runs a slow option to the right, gets surrounded and tackled for a 3-or-so-yard loss.

3rd try (a 4th down): RB catches it in the backfield, quickly mobbed for another solid loss.

3 key drives kissed goodbye by hopeless option / wildcat(kinda) precision passing plays.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeve
In my dynasty last night (Arkansas, Heisman level) I had the fortune of playing an Auburn squad that ran a wildcat-like formation on two key 3rd downs and a 4th down.

1st try (a 3rd down and short): RB catches it in the backfield, throws a slow loopy pass towards the sideline (defenders everywhere, pass falls incomplete).

2nd try (a 3rd down): RB catches it in the backfield, runs a slow option to the right, gets surrounded and tackled for a 3-or-so-yard loss.

3rd try (a 4th down): RB catches it in the backfield, quickly mobbed for another solid loss.

3 key drives kissed goodbye by hopeless option / wildcat(kinda) precision passing plays.
Sounds like some pretty typical coaching from Chizik. LOL
Old 07-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

I've found that as far as options are concerned, if you go after the QB head on they can run the option just fine. However, when you play smart and go at him from the side (so that you're in between him and the running back) they get stuffed every time.

The AI just needs to be a tad smarter on deciding to turn up field with the QB and I think it will be ok.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I've probably taken for granted the fact that as long as I've played this game, the CPU could not run on me. And I'm not even that good at the game...we're talking on All-American, and they can light me up through the air. But they rarely make the right decision on an option. You can see it developing from a mile away, and just float some safety or something WAY out in the flat and mess up the play.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
I've found that as far as options are concerned, if you go after the QB head on they can run the option just fine. However, when you play smart and go at him from the side (so that you're in between him and the running back) they get stuffed every time.

The AI just needs to be a tad smarter on deciding to turn up field with the QB and I think it will be ok.
And how is the AI going to get a tad bit smarter without a patch?

I swear no one tests this stuff.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

In a CPU versus CPU game I monitored, I actually saw a ddefender intercept an option pitch and take it to the house. Never saw that before.

But yea, I can't run the option to save my life this year and the CPU can't either, the QB holds when he should pitch.

Screens are FUBAR too, the CPU gets sacked on most, and to survive on your side you have to sprint in your dropback, often rolling toward the screen to get it off before you get sacked. Annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »