Home

How long are you gonna give the NCAA series to step it's game up (no pun intended)?

This is a discussion on How long are you gonna give the NCAA series to step it's game up (no pun intended)? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How long are you gonna give NCAA 10 to turn it's act around?
I'll give them as much time as they need... 29 30.85%
I'll give them a year or two. But, after that, I'm done... 18 19.15%
They don't deserve more time. They had their chances... 21 22.34%
They should have got this right a long time ago! Heads need to start rolling... 32 34.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: How long are you gonna give the NCAA series to step it's game up (no pun intended

I forgot....

CAMERA ANGLE: Who ever decided this was going to be a good change should be fired.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #18
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How long are you gonna give the NCAA series to step it's game up (no pun intended

Need an option for those that have been happy with the game. I had a blast with last years version and am loving this years even more. The gameplay is great. Are there issues. Of course, never seen a perfect game let alone a perfect sports game which is even harder to get close to.

I guess I am one of the few though that play this because I love college football just as much as Pro football. So I am not one that plays this until Madden comes out like many seem to be. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I play both throughout the year. And love bringing my draft classes over to Madden.

The one thing I do hope to see for this franchise is them focusing on the presentation like Madden has now done. Madden looks so much better this year compared to last. If they can improve NCAA's presentation that much, it will really add a lot to this game, which is already playing pretty well. Now that they are saying the next patch will make the run block slider only affect running plays, not the return game it will be even better.

Sorry to those that aren't getting their money's worth out of the game, but I have been pretty happy with it.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #19
Pro

I didn't vote, because I'm not going to give it an amount of time and then just swear off of NCAA... I just am not buying the game until it is good and doesn't have multiple problems that would kill the game for me.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #20
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
I don't find their being problems in skilled positions. It is just in the Lineman.
You haven't seen Robo QB yet? My last game vs. Oregon, the QB completed 84% of his passes.

For those that have enjoyed it: good for you. I tried to do the same, but there are too many issues in this year's version...

EDIT: According to the poll, people are on opposite sides of the pole: More people are optimistic and are giving it more time, while the option to 'make heads roll' has only two fewer votes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Last edited by jWILL253; 07-30-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #21
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Im a fan of this series and have been for some time now, But like most of you guys that speak about NCAA'S issues I feel the same as you do. I feel as if the devs has not been putting there all into making this game like it can be made, So my thoughts are of the dynasty mode that really needs that football feel to it. When we start this game we should tell from that alone that this game is going to make us all lose some sleep. Well at least this is how Madden is going to have me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 12:20 AM   #22
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
Stick to your guns dude. All my buddies that had this game kept telling me how great it is. I had a $50.00 gift card at Best Buy so I went and bought the game. I have regretted buying this game since the time I started my first play now game.

NCAA 10 is the worst game in the NCAA NG series. This game is so arcadish it wants to make me throw up. Even 08 and 09 weren't this arcadish.

Game Planning: This may be the dumbest feature EA has EVER implemented into a game. There is NO RISK for setting everything at aggressive. You may get a dozen facemask penalties, but you are going to get enough fumbles to more than make up for those penalties. So everyone online and in online dynasties sets everything to aggressive and let's the CPU Big Hit and force fumbles. Real football is meaningless with Game Planning because the game becomes a turnover fest. I didn't like this feature the day it was announced. Now that I have seen it first hand it is worse than what I thought it was going to be.

Commit Feature: Needs to be taken out of the game.

Blocking: I don't even want to get started on this. Offensive schemes are entirely based on blocking. When you introduce the Spread Option you have to first install the blocking of the lineman. You then build what you want to do around these blocking schemes. You also deal with a lot of what if's depending on the defense that you are facing. With EA there is only one kind of blocking scheme..... NONE. The game will always be half bleeped until they program blocking correctly. Any human opponent can run a 326 dime or Quarters defense all game and stop the run. WTF is that? Your telling me a power offense isn't going to pancake 4th string DB's all the way down the field? This has gotten ridiculous.

No Pass Rush: Sorry guys, but there is no pass rush again. For those of you that claim you get 4 or 5 sacks a game, great for you. You blitzed on every sack that you got. Lack of pass rush means when you have 3 or 4 down linemen that you can still put pressure on the QB to throw the ball. In this game it just doesn't happen.

Defensive Contain Plays: Someone please find me a coach that teaches Defensive Ends this play. This play is the game because EA can't, won't, or refuses to program the defensive line correctly on NG. They did it right on CG but can't get it right on NG. THERE IS NO SUCH PLAY OR SCHEME AS DE CONTAIN. Not one coach teaches there kids to rush out side the tackl and the stand there until the QB decides to move. It is plain Stupid.

Defensive Spies: Another wasted feature on defense. Why don't spies react? Back on 2004 Spies were programmed perfectly. Then someone at EA in 2005 decided to make this a useless feature where the QB would just run around you. The 2004 version if you spied a LB they would avoid blocks and follow the QB. When the QB got outside the pocket they would attack and take down the QB. Vince Young was toast if you ran a spy on him in 2004. Now the entire game is based on scrambling outside the pocket and throwing.

EA has taken away User Stick: There is no User Stick on defense anymore. It makes games quite boring, mondane, and very predictable. It makes no sense to take this out yet put in Game Planning which makes it more arcadish than DB's jumping 10 feet in the air.

Speed Button with RB and Ghost Tackles: Who ever at EA decided how the running game will work is a nit wit. Sorry, but they are. Since when in a real game when a RB goes to second gear does the defense become god like, bust of blocks (even though they are manhandled), rip off 5 yards in a second and tackle the RB. It is stupid. If a RB sees a hole they are told to hit that hole. How the heck do you hit the hole in an EA video game? I am not talking about running a toss and then sprinting to the sideline. Those guys should be busted up in the backfield. I am talking about seeing a creese, that little hole in the blocking scheme and hitting it. It doesn't happen in this game. As soon as you hit second gear with the speed button you are tackled. It is plain ole stupid.

Draw Plays: Why is it even in the PB's? Again, in 2004 Draws actually worked. They worked quite well in fact. Then in 2005 when EA changed the engine, draws no longer worked and haven't worked correctly since.

Running Game is Aweful: I am not saying you can't run the ball because it is possible. However, look up where I mentioned blocking. You are able to run the ball based on nothing but luck. Sorry, but that is the truth because it is based on blocking schemes in which all running games thrive on in real life.

MAKE RATINGS MEAN SOMETHING: OL/DL ratings mean absolutley nothing. I really don't know why they have ratings for Run Block, Pass Block, and Strength. If someone could explain how the ratings for the OL/DL tend to work I will be happy to listen, however, I think you are full of crap for even trying to explain. A 2 Star recruit is as good as a 5 start recruit on the OL or DL.

I don't know how much more I can take of 10. I lasted with 9 till around November. Then played in one OD until this summer, but the OD only advanced every other week. I am in 3 right now but I can't last that much longer. NCAA 10 is more miserable than 09 for me. Way too many problems with this game.

Sorry about the rant. I could keep going on and on about how bad this game is but it really give me a headache. I didn't re-read so there are probably some errors in there because I get pissed talking about this game that I used to love. I also get pissed over wasting $60.00. Makes me want to .

Amen bro, well said....I agree with everything u said except the pass rush thing.. Pass rushing is hit and miss, i lead my dynasty in sacks..rarely blitzing.. in this game you only need to get near the qb to affect him.. a higher rated DL will get sacks.. u have to practice the trench fighting moves to get to the qb...

with that said... I'll give em 1 more year..next year is it..and thats if we don't have a football game out from 2K sports
Old 07-31-2009, 01:41 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

They don't and won't make a good game. If your a college nut chip in to buy it save some money then for 1/3 it price it is worth it.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:43 AM   #24
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

i'll hang on for a couple more yrs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »