Home

Thoughts About Computer-Based Games and Forum Etiquette

This is a discussion on Thoughts About Computer-Based Games and Forum Etiquette within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #17
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Thoughts About Computer-Based Games and Forum Etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
So that justify everything thats wrong with this game right there!

I stand(sit) corrected! LOL

Good 1 Adam!
No, I don't step into conversations about what is wrong with the game unless I need to correct misinformation. This is why I only quoted the portion of your post that mentioned price... that's all I was replying to.

You have the absolute right to take issue with whatever you want in regards to the game and discuss it publically. I wasn't trying to debate you, just pointing out that games had costs $50 for about 25 years before jumping to $60 this generation.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #18
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
No, I don't step into conversations about what is wrong with the game unless I need to correct misinformation. This is why I only quoted the portion of your post that mentioned price... that's all I was replying to.

You have the absolute right to take issue with whatever you want in regards to the game and discuss it publically. I wasn't trying to debate you, just pointing out that games had costs $50 for about 25 years before jumping to $60 this generation.
I know I was just joking! To me that was the least important part of my comment. That being the price tag. But I do feel like you guys can get more into one cycle. If whoever makes the finally decisions would stop with the kiddie stuff and focus on what makes this game better(less glicthes,better presentation, updated equipment, better player models, running animation and most importantly momentum and physics)

How could I forget really fixing the OL/DL INA that would be on top of that list! IMO you guys still arent close to getting it right especially for any kinda of option!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 07-30-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
I know I was just joking! To me that was the least important part of my comment. That being the price tag. But I do feel like you guys can get more into one cycle. If whoever makes the finally decisions would stop with the kiddie stuff and focus on what makes this game better(less glicthes,better presentation, updated equipment, better player models, running animation and most importantly momentum and physics)
... and progression/recruiting realism.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #20
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
... and progression/recruiting realism.
I grouped that with the glicthes!

Old 07-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #21
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
Wow. Just wow.

So anyway, how about those progression issues Adam
Hey Adam, I am assuming your going to post a new thread with all the 2nd patch fixes when you can confirm what it consists of?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Im sorry I fail to see your point! Are we suppose to like this game because the ability to patch it after release just because at some point we couldnt? That like saying since we cured Small Pox we shouldnt care if we ever care Cancer. Games didnt cost 60 dollars back then either. I think supporting this game just because it isnt terrible(base on your opinion) is the wrong idea. If I truly believed 09 and 10 was the best they could do fine. But I cant support a team(for whatever reason) that seems to be content with just getting by from one year to another doing the bare minimal.
I didn't say you were supposed to like or dislike it, for any reason. Everyone has an opinion, and they're pretty far ranging on these boards. What I'm saying is that today, I think we're fortunate to have several media options available to us to be able to preview/review and form an opinion beforehand as to whether or not we want to spend that $60 on a new game or not, as opposed to blindly picking it up off the shelf. Should developers rush a buggy game out the door just because they know they push a patch out later? Absolutely not. Does it happen? In some cases, I'm sure it does. But my bottom line as a gamer is that I'm glad that they have the ability to at least do so. Doesn't make it right and I'm not happy when it does, but at least I'm not stuck with a $60 coaster. That wasn't always the case.

And you're right, games didn't cost 60 bucks back then. But, salaries and the cost of living weren't nearly what they are today. It's all relative.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #23
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartolet7
I didn't say you were supposed to like or dislike it, for any reason. Everyone has an opinion, and they're pretty far ranging on these boards. What I'm saying is that today, I think we're fortunate to have several media options available to us to be able to preview/review and form an opinion beforehand as to whether or not we want to spend that $60 on a new game or not, as opposed to blindly picking it up off the shelf. Should developers rush a buggy game out the door just because they know they push a patch out later? Absolutely not. Does it happen? In some cases, I'm sure it does. But my bottom line as a gamer is that I'm glad that they have the ability to at least do so. Doesn't make it right and I'm not happy when it does, but at least I'm not stuck with a $60 coaster. That wasn't always the case.

And you're right, games didn't cost 60 bucks back then. But, salaries and the cost of living weren't nearly what they are today. It's all relative.

OK but there are too many fundamental thing that cant be patch with this game. But I agree I would prefer having a patch to none at all. And there are still a large group of people who are unaware of this patches because they dont have access to xbox live.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #24
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah I have noticed is that one of the ways they sell new games, no matter what company (not necessarily EA) that re-do games (for instance Turn 10) is to sort of talk badly about the previous game. Turn10 doesn't do it nearly as much as EA, they definitely have reverence for their old game on some level, but with EA, you never hear them speak about the positive aspects of a previous game, it's all about selling the next one.

I'm not afraid to say I loved NCAA '09. I learned how to play defense and stuff the s*** out of people. Is NCAA 10 an improvement on some levels, sure, but I Feel no need to bash the old game. I tend to bash the idiotic defensive reaction to the Option, and 100 MPH passes to the flats in NCAA 10 more than anything in NCAA 2009.

Last edited by Hellisan; 07-30-2009 at 05:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »