Home

Robo QB

This is a discussion on Robo QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 60
Re: Robo QB

I feel like you can't get realistic CPU QB numbers and still be challenged. It's like, my QB and the CPU can pass for around 55%, and both running backs will average between 4.5 and 5.5 yards per carry, but I'll end up winning by 21 against a better team while I'm on the road. Hell, I beat USC with Cal by 21 today and the numbers were very realistic, and both teams had three INTs. So it's either robo qb and good games, or realistic play but easy games. That's how it's been for me. It's too bad because I feel like this could be a pretty fun game if it wasn't so flawed.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #10
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
been part of the NCAA series for many years now. Mostly due to the stupid comeback AI.
There is an associate dev over at the official site named Greg Heddleton or son lol. He says he was told that the CPU does not have a comeback code built in. That is hard for me to believe.

Robo QB was a serious issue in early copies of NCAA last gen, 02-03. Things improved drastically by the time I played my last NCAA on last gen. The 08 game. It seemes that EA has digressed as far as gameplay physics, presentation, and bugs are concerned. Last gen you could actually see the weight of the player shift as you ran with the ball and moved the left stick, but now guys just instantly pop in and out of directions with no regard to physics. It looks so unnatural. It's true that the new animations and the improved AI are nice, but some of this cheesy AI and bug crap is so 2001. Silly crap that I was dealing with way back in 2001 and 2002 are back in the fold for me to hate in next gen. This is utterely frustrating.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
t27
Rookie

t27's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm getting good games, however with Robo QB, I keep ending up with Arena Football type scores, ugh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

One thing that helps Robo QB is taking the QB accuracy slider down. It works well for the user and the cpu. With the setting at 50 there are too many well placed balls and not enough missed throws. I have both set at 15 and it feels much more realistic. It still won't solve the issue of the cpu QB knowing exactly when to throw the ball before he is sacked. That's coded cheese and we can't do jack about that.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

i don't know what any of you are talking about, In my OD right now i have the best defense with Notre Dame 7 games in and have allowed less than 1,000 yards of total offense and I also lead the league in turnovers and points allowed. Maybe you guys should try something different and mix things up, if you run the same few plays of course the computer will burn you. I don't know, I run in the 3-4/3-3-5 defense and it is highly effective for me when zone blitzing and masking coverages. Maybe this might help a little.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #14
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

this is a problem ea can`t fix
Old 07-30-2009, 11:15 PM   #15
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I haven't really seen Robo QB in NCAA 10. no where even close to Robo QB that was in '09.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
My favorite is that they read my blitz perfectly everytime and always perfectly time the pass to an un-open reciever yet they still complete it somehow because the db doesn't react and the wr makes some miracle catch every time.

This even happens with mediocore qb's, this game just is a never ending list of terrible gameplay flaws.

That is my number one complaint about the cpu qb's. When you blitz most of the time they throw it way too quickly to receivers who aren't even open. And the more annoying part is the wr's somehow react to the ball with their head turned away from the qb.

However it does seem this year as Solidice pointed out that robo qb is not nearly as bad as it was last year.

Still can't say I am overpleased with how the cpu qb plays this year though. They still read zones too well alot of times , never scramble or throw it away when no one is open, are terrible at running the ball, are helpless on screen passes when the receiver is covered, make some really stupid quick throws escpially when you try to blitz.

CPU QB play is improved over last year but still has alot of room for improvement.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »