Home

Robo QB

This is a discussion on Robo QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 01:50 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Robo QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Its a matter of opinions but I do think that if they added tendenices, each rating really meant something and they added TRUE adaptive A.I. sliders would be obsolete.
Which means difficulty levels would then be obsolete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 5

There is no comeback AI. The CPU just gives up on the running game when they get far enough behind. And since the CPU sucks at running, this helps their offense.

If you play man press defense, this will make the CPU QB get rid of the ball very quickly. In my experience, this doesn't lead to much success for the CPU. The QB is in a hurry to get rid of the ball even if there is no pressure, and he's constantly throwing to receivers who aren't open. In game where I try, I'll have twice as many INTs as the CPU has first downs. But most of the time I take it easy on them and play defenses that I know will be less effective just to provide a little challenge.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #43
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Which means difficulty levels would then be obsolete.
No it wouldnt. You have never played a game with difficulty levels and no sliders?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Its a matter of opinions but I do think that if they added tendenices, each rating really meant something and they added TRUE adaptive A.I. sliders would be obsolete.
NASA can't even develop a true adaptive AI at this point so you can't get on EA about this. You can either have easy medium and hard or you can have sliders to tune your experience.

A true Adaptive AI could be a nightmare, it could exploit glitches and cause a cheese fest. For example if the AI burns you deep it should just keep burning you deep until you stop it. If it scrambles all over the field, it should do that until you stop it.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #45
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
NASA can't even develop a true adaptive AI at this point so you can't get on EA about this. You can either have easy medium and hard or you can have sliders to tune your experience.

A true Adaptive AI could be a nightmare, it could exploit glitches and cause a cheese fest. For example if the AI burns you deep it should just keep burning you deep until you stop it. If it scrambles all over the field, it should do that until you stop it.
How is that any different then what we have now!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #46
Rookie

bvickers223's Arena

OVR: 1

I wonder if some of Texas' opponents last year felt like Colt McCoy was "Robo QB?" He completed 76.7% of his passes. He completed 89% against Arkansas, 80% against Fla. Atlantic and 84% against Ok. State (on 45 pass attempts).

Texas Tech's Graham Harrell completed at least 80% of his passes 4 times last year, finished the season at 71%, and he's now playing in the CFL.

I know that it happens more often on the game than it does in real life, but I couldn't help seeing some of his numbers and think about the complaints about NCAA last year and how QBs completing 80-85% is "impossible" and would never actually happen in real life.

My $.02
Old 07-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
No it wouldnt. You have never played a game with difficulty levels and no sliders?
Yes I have. Sliders are intended to make subtle changes within each difficulty level. Why is that a bad thing?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #48
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

I would love for teams to play to their ratings but like Fist said, there are different skill levels and sliders help better players keep the game challenging.

If you take away sliders and skill levels what happens when you become to good at the game?

It gets stale. You're going to get better at the game the more you play. Unlike the CPU, us humans can actually adapt to what we see the CPU do. Some will exploit it and some will not.

Back to Robo QB. I would like to see more rating attributes applied to the position but these ratings would have to matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »