Home

Gameplay alone: With a great patch, this game can be better than Madden

This is a discussion on Gameplay alone: With a great patch, this game can be better than Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Gameplay alone: With a great patch, this game can be better than Madden

Yes, I said it.

I played the Madden demo last night, and was not all that impressed by it.

Now, let me clarify. Madden kicks this games BUTTTTTTTTTT in nearly every aspect I saw, except in terms of gameplay....which might be the most important.

Don't get me wrong, NCAA still needs ALOT, ALOT of stuff to be fixed in the patch, but right now it plays better, to me, than the Madden I played. Granted it was the demo.

Specifically, I found it annoying passing on Madden. I thought they would fix the camera, but it still zooms out way too far for my taste. Then the thing that annoyed me was the wind up the QBs do when throwing deep. Yeah, I know it's supposed to add realism, BUT it caused me to get hit/sacked because my QB was going into this deep windup. The problem there is that in real life, I've seen QB's throw a 50yd pass with a little more than a snap of the wrist. Definitely not having to rear all the back and throw it.

Overall, Madden felt a little slow(although that can be changed), the other stuff like the camera and animations will remain. Presentation kicks butt though, and I played NCAA afterwards, and Madden it made it look/feel drab.

So, if the NCAA team fixes all the major issues that have been reported by people on here, I think it can go down this year as being better than Madden where it really counts.....on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Gameplay alone: With a great patch, this game can be better than Madden

I agree with you 100%. If they can resolve some issues. THis game has better gameplay than Madden. The players on Madden look like midgets.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

other than presentation madden is horrible.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
Banned

Both games are horrible, actually. It's basically the same engine, animation and rating's system, so you can't expect either to be gold.

The limiting factor in both cases is the damned engine. As long as it's scripted AI based on simple animations, both games have no chance of being close to their real world counterparts.

No one can convince me that Madden/NCAA franchise hasn't earned enough money that they couldn't afford to task a team with a two year development cycle to simply work on a new gameplay and physics engine. Then give that to the developers to put in the fluff.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

lol @ some hurt Madden die-hard fan boy rating my thread 1-star.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
lol @ some hurt Madden die-hard fan boy rating my thread 1-star.
Sweet, an inter-EA fanboy battle.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 34

I dont know, maybe I'm in the minority with this, but I rarely compare these games to each other. I view NCAA and Madden as completely independent entities.

One doesnt effect my like or dislike of the other
Old 07-31-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 39

I'm gonna disagree completely here. Madden is quite obviously the superior football title this year. Your post doesn't even make sense...

Quote:
So, if the NCAA team fixes all the major issues that have been reported by people on here, I think it can go down this year as being better than Madden where it really counts.....on the field.
NCAA is literally a dev. cycle behind Madden in just about every facet of the game, yet you think with a little "patch" (which would have to be NCAA 11 itself) would make it better than M10? Gimmie a break

Last edited by sportzbro; 07-31-2009 at 05:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »