Home

If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

This is a discussion on If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:32 PM   #33
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

But I try not to even be an obsessed fan the way I used to. Trying to practice being more of a casual fan.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:34 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

Fair enough. I don't see why i am being attacked when I just made a simple statement about the lack of AI on varsity settings. I apologize for the insult, as i was reacting to everyone "ganging" up on me for no reason. I also never claimed to be the best player, I admitted to losing multiple times to the cpu. But i never did lose to them last year, which is why this game is much more enjoyable this year on the Heisman level.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:39 PM   #35
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

I can live with that. I think the comment about only blind people or mentally challenged people playing this on Varsity may have rubbed some the wrong way. Personally, I have no issue with ya. You're probably a better player than me cause I admit that with the right sliders I have been enjoying Varsity as opposed to the AA difficulty I have been playing on for the past few years. I will say that I did try to play on Heisman once and it just felt like the computer was cheating me. That's just my personal opinion though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 12:11 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

to the guy who posted this originally: have you ever seen a football game before? what you just described is pretty much the definition of the objective in football, keep your opponent guessing, if you settle in to one thing, MOST of the time the other guy catches on and punishes you. if youve been showing a real life qb one thing over and over, and then suddenly change it up, theres a good chance something good is going to happen for you!!! hell, even brady and manning are somewhat victim to it, manning moreso, but still, THAT IS THE POINT OF THE GAME!!!! LOL
Old 08-01-2009, 12:12 AM   #37
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

computer has comeback written all over it , im beating a guy online 38-13 he quits this is just starting the 4th quarter, i had my gameplan to conservative and i fumbled 4 straight times and the computer took the lead 41-38 with 13 seconds left , no matter what I did i would fumble the ball i was winning 38-31 with 30 seconds left the computer had 3 timeouts so i went to hand the ball off but somehow the d-end hops the snap sacks me causes a fumble and the line breaks not 1 but 3 tackles to score and take the lead
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 08-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #38
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Anyone who says there is no kind of come back AI is playing a different game than I am. Every time I go up by a big margin over even a sorry team I can count on 2 things

1. My guy will fumble no matter how much I protect the ball. The only way to stop this is to run out of bounds which is the one thing you shouldn't do if you are leading.

2. They will have a play where no matter what you do, they will find the endzone by breaking multiple tackles. This can by a WR breaking LB tackles, then CB tackles and finally SS tackle to get in the endzone or a RB breaking the DL, the LB, The CB, and the SS tackles. No matter what you try to do, you cannot tackle them.

If you have never seen this, then I would like to trade copies with you
Old 08-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp GO BLUE
to the guy who posted this originally: have you ever seen a football game before? what you just described is pretty much the definition of the objective in football, keep your opponent guessing, if you settle in to one thing, MOST of the time the other guy catches on and punishes you. if youve been showing a real life qb one thing over and over, and then suddenly change it up, theres a good chance something good is going to happen for you!!! hell, even brady and manning are somewhat victim to it, manning moreso, but still, THAT IS THE POINT OF THE GAME!!!! LOL
to clarify, what the original post said, is what i was yelling about, what he described is just football,strategy, and play calling...what most of you are talking about, i completely agree with, but i usually dont notice the trend start unless i give them some sort of spark on my own--i.e. interception, sacked 3 times in a row, etc..which is somewhat cool considering that momentum plays a bigger roll in college football than the NFL, that being said, it DEF has some issues with what everyone has been talking about with fumbles and broken tackles or what not. just like how in the last 2 minutes of a half, they will always put together some sort of drive no matter what, just have to play around it--like know this and dont give them the ball till there is like only 10-20 secs left
Old 08-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
Anyone who says there is no kind of come back AI is playing a different game than I am. Every time I go up by a big margin over even a sorry team I can count on 2 things

1. My guy will fumble no matter how much I protect the ball. The only way to stop this is to run out of bounds which is the one thing you shouldn't do if you are leading.

2. They will have a play where no matter what you do, they will find the endzone by breaking multiple tackles. This can by a WR breaking LB tackles, then CB tackles and finally SS tackle to get in the endzone or a RB breaking the DL, the LB, The CB, and the SS tackles. No matter what you try to do, you cannot tackle them.

If you have never seen this, then I would like to trade copies with you
a good way to get around this is to let them get down to around the 10 yd line or so, set your zone coverage to aggressive, show blitz everytime to protect against the run, while calling only zone coverages.(especially from the 7d line) from the 10 you can do it with 3 or four down lineman, from the 5 and closer i would only use 4 or 5 dwnlineman for the sake of stopping the run...its not fool proof, but id say it ups your chances of stopping them 60-70 percent, game trying to cheat and everything!!1 lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »