Home

If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

This is a discussion on If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #57
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I love the comments, the false bravado, of losers who never played football.

I play on Varsity and am having a great time with the game. The point is people complain of cheating and comeback code and how the cpu picks their zones apart.

I don't see that on Varsity which is why I play on Varsity.

LOL at the guys who feel playing a video game on a high level is an accomplishment.

Hey man you have the right to play the game on any level you chose. Thats what its there for. Problem with some of these people on this ite is they want everyone know how great they are. The people that just complained about you playing on VARSITY probably play on it too. Dont worry about it, play the game and have fun! Thanks for sharing the video!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

The CPU definitely "juices" on the harder settings. Just too many WTF moments to really say that it does not. If playing on a certain level is to your liking, go for it. After all, you spent your money to buy the game, play it however you want I say.

I do have a kind of good one though, for those who realize that the game on the higher difficuties is a big fat cheater:

Was playing earlier on Heisman default sliders. I was playing the CPU in an exhibition match. CPU got out to a 3 score lead, but, undaunted by the computer's treachery, I managed to claw my way back into the game and finally took the lead with under a minute to play.

CPU gets the kickoff, breaks about 3 tackles to get the ball into my territory. Gets the ball down to my 34 yard line and stops the clock with about 8 secs left to play.

I am feeling pretty good, since the CPU's kicker is rated only an 80 overall and had 78 KPW and 86 or 88 KAC (I mistakenly thought this would favor me, since it has to make a 51 yard FG in order to win the game.).

Ball is on the left Hash. CPU lines up for the kick, I call a timout and get the Kicker iced over. Now, you would think that with the low KPW and being iced, there is no way the CPU can hit it from that distance. Well, you would think wrong, as the CPU booted it through the uprights with ease. Would have been good from 60 with a few yards to spare.

I just shook my head, smiled a bit and laughed as I thought to myself once again, "The more things change, the more they really do stay the same.".
Old 08-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 34

It's silly to knock the difficulty someone is playing the game on.

Many complaints by people could be solved if they checked their video game egos at the door and settled in on a difficulty level/slider combo that gets them the enjoyment out of the game that they want.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #60
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
It's silly to knock the difficulty someone is playing the game on.

Many complaints by people could be solved if they checked their video game egos at the door and settled in on a difficulty level/slider combo that gets them the enjoyment out of the game that they want.
EXCELLENT POST!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #61
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
EXCELLENT POST!
I agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 6

well after reading this thread..that settles it for me, no ncaa football for me this year

to the OP i hope you enjoy the hell out of the game!! as said before thats what its made for

as for many of the others....i pity the hell out of ya, if you think your something because you can play a GAME on the hardest level......

shakes head...
Old 08-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
To those making fun of me playing on Varsity: I played the game on AA and Heisman when I first got it. I used a few different set of sliders and still felt like I was seeing things that should not happen. I saw slower guys running down faster guys and a few other things that made me believe the modifiers given to the CPU on those levels was something that detracted from "pure football".
I'm with you man. I want "pure football" at all times. I played with your sliders (on *VARSITY* as well) and the catch up AI appeared to be a little better. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play NCAA 10 lately with gr18's updated 2K5 roster and the Madden demo out now (I'm an NFL guy). Boasting about how great you are on a video game forum (or any forum for that matter) is pretty pathetic. I understand that some people want the ultimate challenge, but I want the ultimate "sports" game. Like I've said many times, I've lost my fair share of games in 2K5 and PES (5 is particular painful on me due to my reliance on speed and attack). Give me a great and realistic game any day.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #64
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Careful, you may have just insulted your top 3 date candidates for this weekend.

This Is Alabama Football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »