Home

Guideline to 'players leaving for Pro draft'?

This is a discussion on Guideline to 'players leaving for Pro draft'? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

The House's Arena

OVR: 5
Guideline to 'players leaving for Pro draft'?

I just started following college football last year so I really have no idea how players that leave early for the Pro draft are handled (in terms of real life). For example, the ratio between players that opt to stay/leave and what circumstances surround the decision itself.

I was also wondering if anyone uses a self-imposed system that adds to the realism and keeps things interesting by taking a harder route to becoming a 6-star school.

Things I was thinking about implementing:

-spending maximum time on convincing Sophmores to stay
-allowing Juniors rated 93+ to leave IF theres a Sophmore/Freshman rated 85+ waiting in the wings (excluding the WR's, CB's and DT's)

Any other ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Guideline to 'players leaving for Pro draft'?

Good ideas but IRL it really happens at random...Like in your guidelines tebow would have left last year but obviously stayed. I would do it as the game has it and try to convince the player to stay, even when doing 60 minutes every time the player still chooses to leave sometimes so I think the system ea has works well too me. But when they are top 3 I let them go, unless my team will suffer without him. Plus it takes away from your recruiting so you have to spend time wisely.

Last edited by WolverinesFinest; 08-01-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

The way i go about it is if they try to leave early i will let them if they are a top 3 at their position. If they are 4-14ish at their respective position i will try to convince them to stay, but i wont try really hard, i might use 20-30 minutes max. If they are below 15th at their position i will do all i can to get them to stay. The reason behind all of this is if they are at least around the 10-14th best at their position then they will make the cut for the imported draft into Madden. I dont want someone leaving early if they wont even make the draft.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't exactly have a system in place...but I never spend more than 30 minutes on a player and I talk 80% of players into staying. If there above a 95, I probably let them leave especially if the position isn't a need. If I am deep at the position, I spend 20 minutes and leave it at that, whatever happens...happens. If I want them back bad, I spend 30 minutes, then 20 until he makes his decision.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6

Put 30 minutes, they will stay most of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »