Home

The passing continues to annoy...

This is a discussion on The passing continues to annoy... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
The passing continues to annoy...

...I don't know dudes, the passing just feels cheap. I can't get over it. Even when it's happening in my favor, I feel like I'm chessing people online by playing the game straight up. I'd feel better if there was a tad of randomness to the passes, I'd be over f-ing joyed if I actually had control over the pass (dare to dream). I know this is the millionith post on passing but I might be done with the game unless they tweak it with a new patch. I want to play online ranked games but with the default settings the only incompletions are when the qb gets hit, throws a pick right to the other team, or the db happens to knock the ball loose from a reciever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The passing continues to annoy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
...I don't know dudes, the passing just feels cheap. I can't get over it. Even when it's happening in my favor, I feel like I'm chessing people online by playing the game straight up. I'd feel better if there was a tad of randomness to the passes, I'd be over f-ing joyed if I actually had control over the pass (dare to dream). I know this is the millionith post on passing but I might be done with the game unless they tweak it with a new patch. I want to play online ranked games but with the default settings the only incompletions are when the qb gets hit, throws a pick right to the other team, or the db happens to knock the ball loose from a reciever.
I don't play online because of the cheese, so I'm not sure how much different the playing experience is online. I do have to say that the passing game IMO is the best improvement to both NCAA and Madden.

I also can say that leaving the QB accuracy level at 50 for both user and cpu is gonna give you that cheesy, "robo" QB feel. You have to bring it down to about 15-20 at least. Otherwise all of the QB's look like Dan Marino in his prime. At 15 accuracy the better QB's will still shine through from what I have seen myself. There are many more overthrown balls too which is realisitc.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I don't play online because of the cheese, so I'm not sure how much different the playing experience is online. I do have to say that the passing game IMO is the best improvement to both NCAA and Madden.

I also can say that leaving the QB accuracy level at 50 for both user and cpu is gonna give you that cheesy, "robo" QB feel. You have to bring it down to about 15-20 at least. Otherwise all of the QB's look like Dan Marino in his prime. At 15 accuracy the better QB's will still shine through from what I have seen myself. There are many more overthrown balls too which is realisitc.
You are dead on.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600

so far i think the passing is fine, i play on AA and leave all the sliders on 50 other than i turn up my pass blocking/turn down cpu's pass blocking, and turned up my pass rush up a little. i love it because it seems i've had games where i'd be at about 50% pass comp. and some games i'd be up around 75-80%. it's great for me how it's not always the same every game. there are sometimes the cpu gets on a streak, but dont they in real life also? i've never really felt any 'cheese' factor so far in my first full season. that, and lay off too many blitzes, i know this helps me out on defending the pass quite a bit.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 12

my first season with christian ponder on FSU i threw 43 TDs and 2 INTS on heismen with 30 QB Accuracy idk what to do =(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
I feel the same why.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenG
my first season with christian ponder on FSU i threw 43 TDs and 2 INTS on heismen with 30 QB Accuracy idk what to do =(
Are you blowing out everyone? (Probably a dumb question with those kind of stats.) But my point is that I find it easy to not throw picks when I'm playing with a lead and not feeling pressure. (And defense vs the CPU is pretty easy on the game so I'm rarely challenged in CPU games.) But when I'm forced out of my comfort zone to throw plays I can throw some picks. Anyway I guess what I'm getting at is that I don't feel like QB accuracy is the reason for low # of picks, I think it has more to do with easy reads and lack of pressure (both in terms of the pass rush and in terms of the score) when playing the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »