Home

The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

This is a discussion on The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #73
Rookie

Ungee34's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Rebby
I love it that sales are down. Maybe they'll get the hint and go back to their roots. Back when they tried to put the best NCAA football game out there. Step one should be, make sure everything they offered in the PS2 version is in the Next Gen version.

Maybe a slump in sales will inspire change. My fear is that change would be EA Sports dropping the title, which would be a shame. For many years they used to make a hell of a college football game. I would love to see them make a comeback.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #74
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by clw22580
Coogfan, if its solely recession, why are 10 sales less than 09 sales which were less than 08 sales which were less than 07 sales which were less than 06 sales?

Does that not indicate a product on the decline?

Just askin'
I was just providing fodder for the conversation, nothing more.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #75
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Didn't Tiburon have layoffs earlier this year? Yes, sales are down 11%. But how much was the budget cut? What were expectations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #76
Rookie

Comet21's Arena

OVR: 4

Someone asked earlier if NCAA had any competition, the answer is NCAA Gamebreaker from 989 Sports, I hope you did not think EA was smart enough to come up with impact players on there own. EA just has enough money to buy out everyone.

EA did not even make a college football game until almost 2 years after the PS1 was released, so Gamebreakers was the only game to play.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #77
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

unfortunately, when you combine the ps2 sales, psp, this series is probably making more money than ever-
Old 08-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #78
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

2 things need to change

1) Console prices need to drop, and I mean DROP. They need to go back to last gen prices ($199.99 for the PS2, $199.99 for Xbox, $99.99 for the GameCube). The Wii was the cheapest console at the time, but they haven't even thought about a price drop; the 360 dropped it's prices considerably; but PS3's prices drop only at the expense of the console itself (removal of key hardware)

2) The NCAA dev team needs to step it's game up. There is NO reason why a sport as popular as college football, should be so poorly represented by a successful company like EA Sports. Madden has taken great strides, and so has FIFA, Live, NHL, and Tiger Woods Golf; but all of the NCAA titles (both basketball and football) are the cancer of this brand of sports game, as was NASCAR...
Old 08-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #79
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

i personally think it's the economy. people i know couldn't buy the game cause they didn't feel like $60 on something they can rent for $10.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
unfortunately, when you combine the ps2 sales, psp, this series is probably making more money than ever-
I'm confused by your remark. With the slightest inspection of the early pages of this thread, you'd see that Ps2 sales are wayyyy down, as are psp sales of NCAA '10. X360 sales are down, as are Ps3 sales, you get the point.

The "economy is down" excuse is badly damaged by the whole NCAA '08 sales > NCAA '09 sales > NCAA 10 sales. And for the former two games, the reason for disappointing sales was that the games were broken beyond belief. How fitting that past embarrassment add to the present in this case.

Not to mention that this series would have been a gold mine had the devs not f*#$#*# it up. Nice going guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »