Home

Who's your savior?

This is a discussion on Who's your savior? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What is the most important to build a team around?
Quarterback 47 41.59%
Runningback 33 29.20%
Offensive Line 13 11.50%
Reciever 3 2.65%
Defensive Line 7 6.19%
Linebacker 3 2.65%
Defensive Back 7 6.19%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Who's your savior?

On this game, I feel that the RB is the most important position.

I started a Dynasty with Stanford and in the first season, my best RB was like an 85 overall or something like that. I went 2-10 (playing every game). Then, in the offseason, Rodney Stewart transferred to my team from Colorado, and since then, I've gone 3-1.

It just makes it so much easier to run an offense when you can rely on the running game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldb
Mine? Jesus Christ.

Cyber-me? Any player who cares to "block."

nhl can't come fast enough...

HAHA... I came into this thread just to see if anyone replied with this. I just won a bet with myself! With that being said, mine to!
Old 08-06-2009, 06:54 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

The one positional group to build around is defensive line, in the game and on the real field. In the game though, I still think d-line is extremely important, but having a really good CB or Saftey is huge.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldb
Mine? Jesus Christ.

Cyber-me? Any player who cares to "block."

nhl can't come fast enough...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
HAHA... I came into this thread just to see if anyone replied with this. I just won a bet with myself! With that being said, mine to!

Jesus Christ for me too!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

i am doing an online dynasty with friends, each of us has a low skilled team. i run the florida playbook and having a solid all around QB is vital.

since we control the QB, you want the most skilled player at that position
Old 08-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5

I chose runningback. In real life, QBs are the most important. But in videogames, the one attribute that should matter the most for a QB (his awareness) is basically meaningless. You control him all the time and so his awareness is irrelevant. Since it's pretty easy to find a QB with decent arm strength and accuracy, so don't waste a high pick on him. A 75 OVR rated QB with 90 THP, 90 THA, and 60 AWR is just as good as a 90 OVR rated QB with 90 THP, 90 THA, and 90 AWR.

But perhaps QB awareness affects the game in some way that isn't immediately apparent. Anyone know?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #31
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkmike
I chose runningback. In real life, QBs are the most important. But in videogames, the one attribute that should matter the most for a QB (his awareness) is basically meaningless. You control him all the time and so his awareness is irrelevant. Since it's pretty easy to find a QB with decent arm strength and accuracy, so don't waste a high pick on him. A 75 OVR rated QB with 90 THP, 90 THA, and 60 AWR is just as good as a 90 OVR rated QB with 90 THP, 90 THA, and 90 AWR.

But perhaps QB awareness affects the game in some way that isn't immediately apparent. Anyone know?
Im not 100 percent sure on this but im pretty sure i saw somewhere that it has something to do with the amount of interceptions you throw and has to do with your receivers getting open. Not sure how true that is, but it does seem like if 2 players have similar ratings but one has a low awareness they dont seem to play as good as the one with a higher awareness rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #32
Banned

wow. the results really surprise me. I never realized just how in love people are with quarterbacks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »