Home

2# Patch Information ?

This is a discussion on 2# Patch Information ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: 2# Patch Information ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino
I'm with you MaximumEffort, if it isn't fixed in the next patch, my copy is going back to Gamestop for the $40 trade in for Madden. I hope they put it in or activate it since they say it's a server side issue.
I am pretty much done with the NCAA team. I won't purchase it next year. I am trading it in for Madden for sure. Don't care about the patch. Had enough.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #74
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumEffort
I am pretty much done with the NCAA team. I won't purchase it next year. I am trading it in for Madden for sure. Don't care about the patch. Had enough.
LOL... every year is the same... i bet you said the same last year...

Once a few guys get the NCAA 11 and start saying WOW this game is awesome as they did this year.. MOST of you will come back.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
I hope there is some type of better presentation in the patch....and yes if 2k had stuck with making college football I imagine it would be as good as 2K5/8 if not better
I wouldn't just bank on that. NBA 2K was/and is still decent, but they've regressed. 2K7 was the best one they did, and it's gotten worse. MLB 2K was okay in like 07, but MLB 2K9 was an abomination to video games. They put out one football game on Next gen, and haven't done an iteration since, so we don't know what that game would have done, and I wouldn't just assume they'd make a nasty college FB game cause you liked their NFL/All-Pro game.

As far as the patch is concerned, if you absolutely hate the game right now, I doubt a patch is suddenly gonna make you really like it. And I might be wrong, but I highly doubt something like dynasty progression can easily just be fixed like that. But maybe the team can surprise me with that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
LOL... every year is the same... i bet you said the same last year...

Once a few guys get the NCAA 11 and start saying WOW this game is awesome as they did this year.. MOST of you will come back.

Trust me. I won't come back.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Im glad everyone here thinks they can do the job of a profession thats completely not related to their daily jobs. This would be like having a forum for sales, and then a bunch of kids or adults with nonrelated jobs saying they could do the job better. 99% of you dont give EA enough credit for doing their jobs. Its not like if your customers at your work were unsatisfied with their product, you would hop to their needs an hour later. Get over the fact that its their job, not their lives, to make a good product. They do the best they can.
As someone who works in software in an industry where major glitches would cause deaths, I can't agree with what you are saying.

There is absolutely no possible way that dynasty progression was tested, and if it was, someone approved shipping a broken product. There is no in-between.

EA Does deserve all the criticism they get with this franchise. Don't kid yourself. Individual engineers may be trying hard, but there is a very apparent lack of leadership somewhere in the chain that is ultimately placing a product in consumers hands that not even one patch will make playable.

I can see some isolated glitches, but this is the 4th iteration of a game on next gen and there are still some very basic flaws that affect core gameplay. They aren't doing the best they can, everyone knows that.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #78
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumEffort
Don't trade it in for Madden, you're just giving EA more of your money if you do that. Obviously Madden is going to sell weel, but if somehow we were able to put a dent in the Madden sales, perhaps that would send a loud enough message.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

Count me as one of the guys who DON'T buy this game every year. And with this progression issue I feel like a fool for buying this game. This is the first time in several years I've actually bought this game and I can assure you it will be the last in quite some time(if ever again)!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #80
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by santeria49
There are some distinctions to make here... does the NCAA team do the best they can? I think they probably do, and, honestly, I don't hold a grudge against the guys working on NCAA. I am sure they are good guys that do the best they can do.

However, it's clear that EA as a company either

1. Does not devote proper resources to the development of NCAA

or

2. Does not hire the proper people to see those resources utilized

or

3. The NCAA team is getting poor direction from management in the use of those people and resources.

I think there is a mix of all 3 of these things going on, but, primarily, I think the management & direction of the NCAA series is just very poor. I look at the RTG mode and the money & resources that had to be spent on Erin Andrews, Herbie, and that whole deal. Does anyone seriously get excited about this?

That money that EA spent on Erin, Herbie, and producing those segments could have just as easily been spent on additional people doing QA or hiring more programmers to code to improve gameplay (option blocking?) or more programmers to spruce up dynasty mode in a more meaningful way. But, instead, EA chose to spend it on something more "marketing-friendly" rather than something that adds depth or improves the game in some tangible way for serious sports gamers.

I can honestly deal with the little bugs better than I can deal with the fact that the NCAA series is just going in a very poor direction overall IMO.

When you compare the NCAA Dynasty mode to other "dynasty"-type modes in 2K Sports games (College Hoops, cough, cough) and even some other EA franchises the difference is really huge. It's apparent that EA is simply not serious about giving serious, sim-oriented sports gamers the game that they want. Instead EA rides their monopoly on football gaming and throws in some "glitz and glam" every year to make some headlines and to put something new on the box. And, now, not only is Dynasty rather stale and behind the curve of similar career modes in other games, now it has a game-breaking bug! This is beyond frustrating.

This is unfortunately the EA MO, pizz away limited development reesources on some annual sales gimmick or mode. RTG is far too thin a mode to waste time on. No ONE, not even a pimple faced teenager jonesing on Erin Andrews, spends much time with RTG, so WHY spend the money there??? Couldn't they add her to dynasty mode where there'd be more value???

Same crap every year. Consumer wants them to focus on dynasty and online but they fritter the time away on garbage.

Ian Cummings "got it". The meat and potatoes is dynasty/franchise mode, focus on cleaning up gameplay and add presentation and you're gold.

All it takes is new leadership on NCAA and after what we've seen on Madden I'm betting we'll see that shortly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »