Home

Rushing: 2010 vs past seasons

This is a discussion on Rushing: 2010 vs past seasons within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Rushing: 2010 vs past seasons

Running the ball in seasons past the key was to lay off the sprint button essentially until you were in open space.

Just finished game 5 of my dynasty, and through 4 games i'm pretty much struggling with the rush.

Last nite after experimenting it seemed I had great success running the ball pressing sprint as soon as the ball was in my hand. Almost like it helped me to plow through the line and create larger gaps.

Has this been changed up from years past?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
Banned

SeminoleWAY's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Rushing: 2010 vs past seasons

I find it easy to run the ball this year, in '09 OMG...I had a lot of trouble in running the ball. DT would just pop off blocks like crazy and chase me down when I had a open lane, DEs would all of a sudden catch their *** on fire and just run me down from behind all the time. This year, I easily get 150 yards a game. Just played a game in a OD and I ran for 250 yards, so it's easier this year and It's about time.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Im about halfway through my 3rd dynasty year, and just moved up from varsity to All American, and I find the running game at this level to be realistic. Playing as Tennessee, I was able to run the ball for 200+ against lower level competition the first two games of the season, but against Florida, Auburn and Georgia, I averaged about 110 yards a game, and Georgia held me to under 70 (and only 13 points).

I can run the ball outside very effectively against lower schools, but against the SEC, I get stuffed. I have to pound the ball between the tackles for 4-6 YPC. Realistic, IMO.

For me, the passing game is what is so much harder this year. They have really gone all out to make the CPU take away the 10 yard out routes that have been my bread and butter for years. Its forcing me to vary it up, which is good, but its also frustrating.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Sliders. As usual, it's all about thhe sliders. They don't work well for much but they do have a pretty good impact on both run games, yours and the CPU's.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4

Unlike last year, I find running easier as there are no longer as many phantom tackles from behind after you hit the hole.

Nothing was more frustrating in the past than seeing your blockers pancaking defenders and as you ran past them, the defender was magically on his feet and warping in front of you to tackle you.

This year's version, I find that if the offensive line opens up a big hole, and you hit it, you're going to get a big gain.

I generally hold off of the sprint button when I get the ball to let the lane or hole open up. Once it does I pull the trigger and run through it. If there is no hole, I try to lower my head and bust in there for the short gain with the carrier protecting the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

In this years NCAA they implemented a Mario Kart sort of running style, don't hit turbo until you see the hole you want to run through and if you time it right you'll explode through the hole, the camera kinda backs up so it almost looks like your guy hit is NOS button.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
Rookie

darinh33's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm still trying to find the ballance between using the sprint button early or waiting. The thing I hate about this years is the spin is almost useless. The jukes work well when you are 1 on 1 but you have to hit the spin button way early and it almost never works. The thing that bothers me about the passing game is the DB's can jam you WR and basicly take him completely out of the play. It seem they realy increased the db's abillity to cover even on crossing routs.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinh33
I'm still trying to find the ballance between using the sprint button early or waiting. The thing I hate about this years is the spin is almost useless. The jukes work well when you are 1 on 1 but you have to hit the spin button way early and it almost never works. The thing that bothers me about the passing game is the DB's can jam you WR and basicly take him completely out of the play. It seem they realy increased the db's abillity to cover even on crossing routs.
love the passing game. it used to be to automatic. now when in a must pass situation it's harder to relax. i almost get anxiety when you're down, in the 4th, passing situation...

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »