Home

What's your Defensive playbook?

This is a discussion on What's your Defensive playbook? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
What's your Defensive playbook?

I play as WVU with the 4-2-5 and i need some help big time!!!

I really have a hard time when I'm and playing somebody who can run the ball well in I formation and other power formations. The only way i get stops is to blitz hard and guess where they are going and "Play the run left/right/middle". Otherwise i just can't stop it. The 4-4 seems to be no better. I seem to get killed off tackle mostly and then end up getting burnt with the pass. It's like i'm always guessing and hoping.

Obviously not everyone runs it and b/c so many people passed like crazy last year i had more success with the 4-2-5. I haven't even tried anything else this year. How's the 3-3-5? Multiple d? 4-3?

What is the best playbook to stop the run and the pass this year?!?!?!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What's your Defensive playbook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
I play as WVU with the 4-2-5 and i need some help big time!!!
I live and die by the 4-2-5.

I recommend Double SS Spy and Double LB spy for jamming the run.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

The (4-2-5) Bear is your friend.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

I personally like the 3-4, if the personnel fits. I know people say you can't win with the 3-4 in the game, but, I find I have a lot of success running it. I just used it with Penn State this afternoon against Cal. Won 22-19. Had some success with creating pressures and getting sacks. I pounded the Cal defense with Evan Royster (40 carries, 266 yds, 3 TD).
Old 08-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

I personally just run the 4-3 with FSU. Works great for me. I couldnt imagine FSU running anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I always used to go by the standard 4-3
but now I use the 3-4 almost exclusively. I'm kind of a blitz freak, so the blitz packages that the 3-4 provides fit my style perfectly. But that's just me.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #7
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
I always used to go by the standard 4-3
but now I use the 3-4 almost exclusively. I'm kind of a blitz freak, so the blitz packages that the 3-4 provides fit my style perfectly. But that's just me.
im with you on the 3-4, I run the 3-3-5 stack but I have the 3-4 under package in my book. Weak Blitz both with cov 1 and cov 3 ar 2 of my favorites. As far as the stack, I love STORM RED, COV 2 mlb Blitz, ss zone blitz to name a few. Love playing cover 2 as a changeup, especially with storm red, have the ability to drop down the safety and play around the box while still having a cov 2 shell behind you.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
Obviously not everyone runs it and b/c so many people passed like crazy last year i had more success with the 4-2-5. I haven't even tried anything else this year. How's the 3-3-5? Multiple d? 4-3?

What is the best playbook to stop the run and the pass this year?!?!?!?
The 4-2-5 is probably one of the best against the pass (along with maybe the 3-3-5). The problem with it is that if you don't have good Strong Safeties that can recognize running plays quickly... then good running teams can usually burn you pretty bad.

The 4-2-5 Bear formation is probably your best bet at stopping the run in that playbook. Just mix up your blitzes.

Last year, I used the Multiple D playbook as well. One of my favorite things to do in that one was to run the 46 and use the Speed package. That way I can put my guys in position to stop the run, while having the speed to cover one-on-one as well. I stopped using that playbook, though, when I picked TCU for an Online Dynasty and decided to give the 4-2-5 a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »