Home

Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

This is a discussion on Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #73
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I have said on this forum 100's of times that for my money NCAA 06 is the best college football game I have ever played. I played over 13 seasons with 06, the most I have ever played with a game. NCAA 10 has some solid gameplay but it lacks "fun and excitement" that NCAA last gen used to have. We are still missing:

Formation subs
FCS teams
custom playbooks
create-a-fan
heisman ceremony
stadium pulse
confidence and composure metre
coaches on the field
refs on the field
excellent progression
atmosphere
stat overlays
cut scenes
dynamic intros

etc, etc etc.

Until I see these things in NEXT GEN I won't be totally satisfied
It's sad that we have to beg and plead for stuff that we had last gen. We're not even asking for new features. We're asking for the features that made us fall in love with the franchise last gen. Still they give us season showdown and these BS gimmicks. I don't remember playing the PS2 version of the series and wishing that it had a ton of PS1 features. Why has EA regressed in the presentation dept?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
It's sad that we have to beg and plead for stuff that we had last gen. We're not even asking for new features. We're asking for the features that made us fall in love with the franchise last gen. Still they give us season showdown and these BS gimmicks. I don't remember playing the PS2 version of the series and wishing that it had a ton of PS1 features. Why has EA regressed in the presentation dept?
To answer your question, what reason does EA have to progress rather than regress? There is no competition, sales are strong even though they have dropped somewhat, and EA's goal is to bring in the casual gamer not the hardcore fan...
Old 08-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 4

I don't think I am being too negative. I have played this game since PS1 and used to play the game until the next version came out... I would play upwards of 20 seasons and have a blast.

This year I have started a couple of dynasty's and the deepest I have got is 8 games.... and I sim'd a few to just get threw them. I have to force myself to play a game to completion out of complete frustration for how ludicrous the game has become.

I enjoy some parts, the run game I think has vastly improved and players taking proper angles is outstanding and really stops having multiple 70+ yard TDs per game due to speed guys getting outside. All that even though the line play is pretty poor when they are moving to the second level either too quickly or not at all... or simply not blocking a guy right infront of them and moving past them leading to a back getting hit near the LOS.

My problem is the passing game. Because of glitches with pass coverage the press totally shuts down receivers because they wrestle at the LOS so long that I just get sacked or take off with my QB (by the way I get sacked 5+ times per game regardless of slide protection variation of plays etc... and I get maybe 2 on average and have had 3 at the most). Also, the receivers on the right side of the field are nearly gone because of problems with how the CB releases the WR (they stay inside so the WR's on the right are never open)... also WR's continue to be too lax when going for the ball. And many more problems like the lame duck after hit ball (that never seems to happen to the CPU) or simply not being able to throw because I'm being hit before guys even start their breaks.... or random throws that are 10 yards infront of a WR right to a Safety... you get the idea.... The game is just not fun and even with the Bands I skip the beginning because my school has stupid generic formations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 4

Oh yeah, and I have decided today that I have played my last game of NCAA this year.... without finishing a single season on Dynasty because frankly it is the same exact thing as last year (not talking about gameplay).

At least I won't take a major hit when I trade it in for madden... my first time getting madden in over 5 years!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03
Oh yeah, and I have decided today that I have played my last game of NCAA this year.... without finishing a single season on Dynasty because frankly it is the same exact thing as last year (not talking about gameplay).

At least I won't take a major hit when I trade it in for madden... my first time getting madden in over 5 years!
Can you imagine how many copies of NCAA 10 Game Stop and EB Games will have on the 14th? I suspect anoyne who wants NCAA 10 will be able to get a great deal on the 15th.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #78
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

When the most basic and key elements are football are as poorly implemented as they are in this game (and have been for years now), then I don't think it's possible to be too negative. Not only that, but even the somewhat cool features/modes they have added to the game don't work properly either. Is it lack of effort? Incompetence? What? I just have come to face the fact that what I want out of this game and Madden won't be happening any time soon. Let's face facts here. Watch Madden Nation. The style of play you see on that show is how 90% of people who play this game. I just have accepted the fact that these games are being tailor made for people who could care less about winning with real football strategy rather than rocket catches, and whatever new glitch pops up this year. Everyone is going ga-ga over the presentation additions, but that will get boring after the first few times I see them. Madden won't be much of an improvement on the field. Book it. It's pretty sad since I love the sport, and used to love these games. I mean, how can anyone expect them to have detailed dynasty modes and presentation when they can't even emulate the real game in a way that's believable?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:10 AM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
When the most basic and key elements are football are as poorly implemented as they are in this game (and have been for years now), then I don't think it's possible to be too negative. Not only that, but even the somewhat cool features/modes they have added to the game don't work properly either. Is it lack of effort? Incompetence? What? I just have come to face the fact that what I want out of this game and Madden won't be happening any time soon. Let's face facts here. Watch Madden Nation. The style of play you see on that show is how 90% of people who play this game. I just have accepted the fact that these games are being tailor made for people who could care less about winning with real football strategy rather than rocket catches, and whatever new glitch pops up this year. Everyone is going ga-ga over the presentation additions, but that will get boring after the first few times I see them. Madden won't be much of an improvement on the field. Book it. It's pretty sad since I love the sport, and used to love these games. I mean, how can anyone expect them to have detailed dynasty modes and presentation when they can't even emulate the real game in a way that's believable?
Great post!
Old 08-12-2009, 05:01 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 31

The beauty of the college football game is the inovation that occurs from an X and O standpoint. Before any of this stuff is seen in the NFL (ultra conservative/copy cat league) it starts in college.

I wish they would focus more on this. That college football has a wide range of gameplans and style of play from an X and O standpoint that could make for a really interesting game. EA's own NCAA basketball has taped into this already.

The reality is with this next-gen the only thing "new" things we are going to get is stuff they re-add back in. The laundry list above of what is missing from last-gen exemplifies this.

I am frustrated because I would love to have a college football game that I enjoyed playing but since 2004? I haven't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »