Home

Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

This is a discussion on Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #25
Rookie

nmpfeiff's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is there a such thing about being too negative about this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
I think threads such as the "bug thread" should be removed. Some people spend their time looking for the issues and negatives with the game, and ultimately spoiling their own experience based off of something someone else noticed or said.
I have to agree with you 100% on this bc I loved NCAA 09 till I looked at it. I had never payed attention to Robo QB that much but after I read about it it killed my experience. I would have not noticed a lot of things but once they are brought up they stick out like a sore thumb. I know know game is not perfect but with technology today I think the atmosphere could be captured better. That has always been a killer for me. Energize the crowd and lets see some player emotion on the field and the sideline.

Just to know would you guys pass on NCAA 10 or stick with 09 for another year. I see rosters are not updated to this year for 09 bc it takes so much work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #26
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

the game has it flaws but it's a awesome game. ncaa 11 with some upgrades that are mandatory in college football would make it EPIC
Old 08-06-2009, 02:41 AM   #27
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Yet leagues behind NCAA 2004 for PS2.

Maybe you never played 2004. I wish I had never played it, I would never have known what we are missing with these latest versions.
believe it or not I sometimes still play 2004, its probably the game I have spent the most time on, ever.
spent lots of time on dynasties in 2004. if we could see that kind of presentaion with the gameplay and other little features of 10, then we would have the ultimate college football game.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:35 AM   #28
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride1
The more I play this game, the more frustrated I get. You did happen to leave out a few of my favorites:

- The Deion Sanders/Ray Lewis hybrid corners in this game are so enjoyable. Absolute beasts in man coverage...Even more frustrating, nothing like running the option only to see your pitch man get annihilated by the incredibly reactive and impossible to block corners. But hey, why should I ever want to pitch it on the option?

- How bout the standing still, wide open receiver in the flat that decides it's a good idea to sprint directly towards the d-line as soon as he catches the ball for a loss of 2 when it should have been a gain of 20...

- The impossibility that is trying to run a screen pass from under center this year...could you at least nick the DT on his way to my execution?

- Let's not forget the meaningful rating system that allows a 61...yes 61 rated UTEP DE to have 6 TFL and 4 sacks against me while destroying my 87 rated LT every single play or the slow *** DT that, from a stand still runs down my 94 speed RB, (who had a running start by the way), from behind in the backfield on a toss play...

- Although I could have hit speed burst and been immediately slaughtered by the other 10 defenders b/c as you know, when you go for the extra gear in real life, the entire defense activates "berserker" mode, thus becoming superhuman!

- I can't wait for every d coordinator in the NCAA to run the 3-2-6 defense b/c it's apparent that it stops any and everything.

- Nothing like having a d lineman in the backfield on every other running play...certainly realistic.

- And I'd like to add that it's refreshing that the most popular offense in college football (spread) is unusable as running from the shotgun is about as much fun as getting kicked in the chops.

- The prophetic CPU defense that always comes out with their D-line pinched when, and only when, I pick a straight FB Dive or FB Trap play from the flexbone brings a smile to my face!

Other than these issues, what's there to complain about?

HA , I like the game this year, but these are very valid points. I had a draw play out of shotgun where 4 of my offensive lineman managed to block 0 defenders.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 5

That Hitler video is brilliant. It's almost a shame that only fans of the NCAA series will be able to appreciate the humor.

NCAA 10 is a good game. If a few bugs are fixed in the patch, it will be better than NCAA 09. But when we lay down $60 for a game, we expect it to be more than just a little bit better than last year's game. So from that standpoint, it's a big disappointment. If it were feasible, I would have saved my $60 and just continued playing NCAA 09. The problem is, I like playing online against human competition, and there just aren't that many people still playing NCAA 09 online. So I have to buy the new version each year because everyone else does. It's a catch 22.

But people definitely overreact. The anger is just way out of proportion. So you're disappointed with a purchase; I get it. But don't act like some grave injustice has been committed against you. It's insulting to all the people in the world who have actually faced real injustices. Also, it's probably easier for EA to dismiss the grievances of someone who comes across as an irrational, narcissistic, spoiled child.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #30
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkmike
But people definitely overreact. The anger is just way out of proportion. So you're disappointed with a purchase; I get it. But don't act like some grave injustice has been committed against you. It's insulting to all the people in the world who have actually faced real injustices. Also, it's probably easier for EA to dismiss the grievances of someone who comes across as an irrational, narcissistic, spoiled child.

The backlash is one EA has earned through years and years of poor product. How many years are we into next gen and we still have NONE of the presentation we had in last gen? Year after year we endure some frustrating bug that has to be patched before we can really enjoy these games, and even after all the patches some things are just unresolved. Worse, they live on, year after year after year.

The anger isn't based on one release, one NCAA 10. It's based on a pattern of EA "not getting it".
Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
There is nothing wrong with the gameplay.
Gimmee some of what you are smoking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 5

I'm not saying people shouldn't criticize the game; or even absolute trash it if they think it is horrible. But we don't have a constitutional right to a good college football video game. Nor does EA have the obligation to provide one to us. They put out what they put out. We can buy it or not buy it. Don't pretend like you are being wronged because you don't like their games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »